Chapter 1

So, it's been a few years and Simon and Baz met again. Baz is teaching a spells class at Watford and Simon is called in to be a sort of teacher assistant around Watford.

Enjoy ♥︎

✶✶✶

B A Z 

Teenagers are so bloody annoying. It makes one wonder why they would ever voluntarily chose to be surrounded by them for days upon end. I tower over a student who looks about ready to melt into the chair. The thought of being that intimidating makes me smirk. I don't know why any teacher would want to be more than just acquaintances with these numpties.

"S-sir I swear! I did it exact-"

"Well you obviously didn't, because now look what you've done," I point to his desk which has, instead of a blooming summer rose, a green frog that I'm not sure is even alive. It stares back at me so I look away.

"B-but Malcolm sai-"

"Is Mr. Harris the teacher, Arian, or am I?"

"Y-you are... Sir," He drops his head down, looking at his lap. His wand rests on the place beside the not-alive frog.

"You will be called in after classes to properly learn this spell," I don't wait for his reply and walk back to the front where an array of frightened, bored, and tired faces greet me. After a few more - not successful - spells, class get dismissed.

I slump back in my chair and allow myself to run my hands through my hair. I have last period free and so the only thing left for me to do is grade some papers and then host detentions. I would go as far as to say I'm infamous for my lovely detentions.

A few hours pass with me hunched over some papers with the shouts and screams of children curse through the walls. It's probably dinner time by now, and my watch confirms that. After making sure the door to the classroom is locked - I have grown a habit to do that because some nasty teenagers think it's funny to pull pranks - I make my way to the Fraternity house which is where the teacher's residence is. Before teaching here, I had only been in this building a handful of times. My room is on the topmost floor, looking over the moat and the hills beyond. It's weird to be in Watford an not see what I've been used to for 8 years. Sometimes it sends a ping through my chest but like everything else, I push it away.

I rest my bag on the foot of the bed and loosen my tie. I'm just about to unbuckle my belt when there is a know on my door. See the thing is, no one ever knocks on my door, so I think I imagine it when it repeats again.

"Baz! The Mitali has called us all to the Lawn! I know you're in there!" Booms a voice belonging to Dev. He now coaches the football team meaning he probably stinks right now behind the door.

"BAZ!" He pounds on the door, "BASILTON GR-"

"Crowly Dev, I was just putting on a pair of trousers."

"Mhmm whatever, she said this was important."

"Is the world ending for a second time?" I mutter, shutting the door behind me.

"Ha ha ha. You think you're so funny."

"Yes, indeed I do," We walk towards the crowd that has pilled up on the Lawn. The students are sat chatting except for some nasty eight years who are tickling a feather on some poor girls neck.

I went and stood at the far corner of the crows where the rest of the teachers were. Everyone was feverishly chatting away at what this could be about, and anticipation drenched the atmosphere.

"Good Evening students and teachers! I know this was a sudden call, but I have some very exciting news. We have been trying for months now to get in contact with someone who has made a big difference to Watford. He gave up a lot to get us where we are now, and we thought it would be a good idea to bring him back home for this school year. I presume all of you already know who I speak about, but tomorrow morning we will have our Chosen One, back at Watford!" There was silence and then a rushed chatter and excitement bubbled up. Everyone was laughing and I saw Penelope, the Headmistresses daughter smile a small smile that was very rarely seen by her.