Four

I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that Blazen was homeless.

   The boy who'd kept me fed, who was constantly smiling and joking, lived under a bride in a shabby little tent with nothing more than a blanket and no roof over his head.

Blazen got down on his knees and crawled inside the tent. "Looks like my villa has rendered you speechless. Can't blame you though, people do have a similar reaction every time they see my home. It's just too dope and awesome. They are just jealous."

When I didn't say anything, he passed me that sad smile. "Are you regretting you asked me for help?"

  I was speechless because my throat had tightened and I was having difficulty keeping tears from falling. Pity was the last thing he needed from me.

  "This is my reality, Penny. I'm a homeless man doing odd jobs to get through the day. It's also why I sometimes steal bread and things like that."

His clothes. Now that I looked closely, they did seem a bit old and used. He carried them well, and seemed like any other ordinary guy. I hadn't noticed.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're asking why I'm homeless? It's a long story for another time." He paused and said. "I have an extra sleeping bag. Do you still want to live in my villa or you have a better place in mind?"

"I like your place." A day earlier I wouldn't have imagined staying the night with a homeless person.

That night he let me sleep in his tent while he slept outside with the spare sleeping bag. From the small opening of the tent I watched him as he was lying down staring at the sky.It didn't seem nice to be sleeping alone inside the tent when he was obviously outside unprotected. I took the pillow and lied down beside him.

  He sneaked a glance towards me but didn't say anything. I asked, "What are you looking at?"

  He pointed at the dark, inky sky. "I like watching the stars."

  I giggled. "You know star gazing with someone had always been on my secret wishlist."

   "I'm making your wish come true then."

  "You are."

"A shooting star!" Blazen exclaimed excitedly. "Make a wish, Penny."

I closed my eyes and made a wish. When I opened my eyes, I saw he'd done the same.

He passed me a wolffish grin. "What did you wish for?"

"Um... you go first." I said.

"I wished that you could get all your luggage back and that you'd reach home safely. Your turn."

"I wished that you found a real home in future, Blazen. I wished you weren't homeless."

His eyes softened and we stared at the stars in silence.