3 Days of Darkness---1

School had gone by like lightning. In just a blink of an eye, I was already an adult, making decisions or so I thought. 

High school didn’t make me an adult, no matter how much I believed that at the moment, nor did it prepare me for what was to come. But at that moment, I was content with living in that ignorance with all the others, I was content with the same routine every day, I was content with being average... 

Pris had also grown on me like a wild vine, relentlessly taking everything inside. Haha, she probably never even realized it, but I was content with just being best friends. P.S. friend zone sucks ass! And how about Nicole you may ask? She moved away soon after the whole death thing, I never did know the reason for the question. But life was fine. The first year of high school caused a transformation in me; I became more confident, more atoned to my surroundings, to the world. But more importantly, at some point, I lost the fear that had me nailed firmly to the friend zone and in that summer following, I began to set her trap. 

"I think you should just go for it." 

"Easy for you to say, you never did have problems finding a boyfriend." 

"True, cause I’m not a pussy like you." 

"Bitch," I never noticed back then, but now that I look back, it always seemed that I was surrounded by girls... Heather always had her rebound; we would usually distance ourselves whenever she had a boyfriend, but then became friends again whenever she dumped them. And the rest of my friends were all girls... yeah, I did have male acquaintances , but it wasn’t like a "bro, let’s go hit up some bitches" sort of friendship. Not until Ang came, and even now, i sincerely doubt he’ll go out with me to hunt down some "bitches" but whatever... 

"What you think, Jenn?" 

"I don’t think Pris is the type of girl you can just hit on..." 

"Thank you, Jenn! See Heather!" 

"Wait, wait! Jenn, how did you know we were talking about Pris?" Bitch, you would be surprised how much of my time I spent thinking that exact word, anyway, Jenn was a down to earth girl; normal, the one everybody admired, it was by far a surprise when she joined our group, why? Well, way back then, we were known as the crazy people... literally. And I...I was president Hahaha. 

"Well…it’s sort of hard to dismiss how Vic's eyes sparkles every time they’re together..." 

"Which is like half the day..." Heather interrupted 

"Yeah that too.... sorry Vic, haha." 

"Haha....Bitch" Oh yeah, I was the president of the sarcasm club too! 

"Don’t be mean Vic! Jenn is just stating the truth!" 

"Whatever..." It irritated me that everybody could see it, which made me seem like I was desperate, but if it was that obvious, why didn’t she notice! Agh! 

"Speaking of the devil... shh here she comes..." It was a perfect day down here in Florida, and by that, I meant cloudy, with high winds, and a light drizzle. Otherwise, it would be sunny, high humidity with 95 degree weather, but with the humidity, it would have felt like 110. So yeah, we were inside our local movie theater, our official hanging out spot. Here I sat with Heather and Jenn,  while we waited for some of the others to arrive. The dining court was big, with the concession stand in the middle and a number of tables and chairs which surrounded it. At one side were the entrance and ticket sales, and at the other were the entrances for the numerous rooms. Everybody that wanted to get to their movie had to literally pass by the food stand. The whole building was decorated with new promotional decorations and all sorts of banners and cardboard replicas of movie releases, at the time it wasn’t as full, not many people watched movies on a Monday.