Chapter 26- Cage Fights

Mystery POV (Not really though)

As I saw Jaime vanish behind the door I felt like destroying everything in sight. I wish I could just kill the man that causes me all this pain. To finally hear his bones crunch under my blood filled mouth would be the only thing to get back at him for killing my family and destroying my love.

As I tugged at the metal restraining me I felt some more blood run down my wrist and soak in my black sweater. If I could've opened my mouth and yell at her that it was all bullshit, I could've.

My legs were free, but once I took a step, I was done for. I at least needed to be alive one more day to take her to homecoming. It would be the last thing I did but I just want to see her smile.

So I stood there, in complete silence, hoping the potion thing Trevor shoved down my throat would wear off so I could swear the living daylights out of him and shout out any window for Jaime.

"You see, Derek." David said as he staggered over to me. "I told you we could make her hate you. Just imagine the feel of thrusting myself into her and once and for all-" I weakly spat on the floor but it was a lame attempt at proving anything. He just laughed and took joy in my misery. "She's already mine." he said and walked out. Brewyn gripped my shoulder and pushed me along to the dungeons.

I managed to get a short look at Trevor sitting at his desk, his dumb smirk plastered on his face. I couldn't even open my mouth to tell him a silent "Fuck you". It was like my mouth was sown shut but I knew there weren't any threads holding it closed.

They were always cold and filled with disintegrating bones in a corner. There were always dim lights that needed repairing. No one cared enough about the prisoners to do so. There was always crying and howling and the reek of death in the dungeons.

David was here with his usual. I could take the pain and dismiss all of my blood that poured on the floor, but the humiliation of having the guy who I grew up with, who I told all my secrets to, who was my friend do this to me was the worst part. Especially over a girl as dim as Jaime.

We'd always watched her. When she was young. I remember the day Trevor sent in those guards to kill her family. He was especially giddy. I remember feeling bad for her, but Trevor always told me that it was better this way. That soon enough it would be worth it. This is the time when we were supposed to benefit.

One of us would be her mate, my grandmother saw it. Trevor always wanted it to be David, I saw it in his eyes. Of course he would, but now that it's been proven she was always the one for me he's plain pissed. He needs it to be David.

Even Ryder and Austin were of the few predicted to be her mate. We've all been revolving around her. My entire life all I was taught to know was Jaime Jennings.

My skin ripped and warm blood oozed from my back. With more slashes from the whip it was enough to re-open my half healed cuts. Soon enough my entire back was bloody red. The smell made Brewyn purr.

That's his one true love. Blood, and it's taste. That's why he killed his wife. He told Jaime Trevor did it to get her trust but my kins isn't that dumb. There was a time when Brewyn went insane and killed every woman, child, man on the streets in another state. Trevor went to him, brought him back home in Alaska and kept him in a cell till he got better.

David gripped the whip tighter a used his wolfs strength with this blow. It sent me from my knees to an even more futile position on the floor. I was naked an shivering. At least the warm pool of blood surrounding me kept me warm for a few more seconds. However my body wasn't pumping enough blood quickly to keep me warm in this measly human body.