Chapter 5-The Golden Eyes

"Ah, Miss Jennings! Sit down" the chubby white haired principle said.

"What brings you here today?" Mr.Charles asked"

"Ms. WhiteField s-sent me here" I gulped, Mr. Charles may look all happy and cheery...and old, but he gave out some cruel punishments. I once heard of a kid that had to clean the toilets with a hair brush, for a week.

Charles raised his eyebrow. "What did you do?"

"I simply told the truth it's not my fault the..." I had the stop myself from saying anything that will get me into deeper trouble. I blame David for all of this. If he didn't stress me out with his...Creepy-guessing-voodoo-crap, I wouldn't have yelled at my teacher."Woman couldn't take it" I finally finished my sentence.

Charles sighed."Lets take a look at your record, shall we?". He got up and walked over to the filing cabinet with all the student records.

I wanted to open the rusty thing and check everyone's record, just for the fun of it.

All of a sudden I got a wave of anxiousness. I realized I've never seen my record before. It's probably cause I've never been sent to the principles office for anything of my mal-doing.

The cabinet creaked as Charles took the key out and pulled out the first drawer. After a few minutes of searching, name was finally found. Jaime Jennings aka J.J. And my brother Jake's initials were also J.J. That reminds me of a story. Jake's friends would call him JJ, because of his initials. When they met me they called me JJ-Kins. It's quite funny actually, it stayed with me and now Ryder calls me Jaime-Kins. It's much more personalized.

The thought of Ryder brought butterflies to my stomach. I still feel awkward about the whole closet thing. I'm still I'm shock about the new information, I don't know if I can face him again.

"Hmm" Charles said before plopping down on his chair. It rolled away from the desk slightly but he pulled himself back in.

"Zero suspensions, Two lates, Four absences, straight A's, a couple B's here and there...all this through out your whole middle school career." Charles looked up from my record with a smile . I heard Brewyn chuckle and cough something about goodies and shoes from the back. I forgot he was here, I was too nervous about my frightening principle.

"It seems to me you've been a great example for the younger students miss Jennings, why mess up now?" Charles asked me

I'm sorry but I felt like punching the guy. I wasn't messing up! I didn't choose anything! It just happens.

I stopped thinking for a moment.

I didn't choose the life I have. All of it just happened. And now I'm supposed to bear it all and life this soap opera of a life like its nothing. Because I can die as soon as I turn the corner, and people are always trying to constantly kill me, because I can hear you from a mile away, I can hear your heartbeat when I stand across the room....and it's all supposed to be normal to me. Because it happens everyday. I'm supposed to live this life.

I was starting to get a bit angry. I clenched my fists so hard they began to get very white.

"Jaime, stop. Snap out of it". Brewyn pulled me back and turned me around so that I wasn't facing Charles.

"Is she okay?" Charles asked. I could hear them but I wasn't responding. I was suddenly not under control of my body. My wolf was. Or I think she was.

"Uh yeah. Could we step out for a second? We'll be back don't worry." Brewyn said. He didn't bother waiting for and answer. He pulled me out the room and shut the door.

"Jaime, are you okay?" Brewyn repeated this to me several times. He shook me, a lot.

I growled, or rather my wolf growled. No I didn't shift, but I certainly wasn't human anymore.