Step Three: You Drive Her Home From School

Step 3: You Drive Her Home From School

Wow... Interesting lunch choices.

"See something you like?" Tristan asked, seeing the faces I was making at the food.

"No, my old school had such better food." I said, making a face, picking up two slices of pizza. It was the only thing that looked edible.

"I wasn't talking about the food," he mocked me, smirking and raising his eyebrows at me.

I just rolled my eyes at him. I've only known him 10 minutes and I've already become used to his remarks.

"Oh, you have to meet Holden too." Alex said, as we made our way over to his table.

I stopped and huffed, "Don't you have any female friends?"

As they went to open their mouths, I cut them off.

"Let me correct myself, any female friends, I would like."

They stopped to ponder that, and I could tell they weren't coming up with any answers. "Ugh, forget it! Let's go, I'm hungry."

"Feisty." I heard one of them mumble, probably Tristan.

I looked at the table they were approaching to see two girls and a guy sitting there. The girls were gorgeous to say the least, one very petite and tiny, while the other was much taller and looked ready to kill someone, listening to the smaller girl talk. The petite girl had brown hair and brown eyes, that were very lively and energetic, which I could tell from far away. The taller girl had bright red hair, similar to Ariana Grande to say the least. Her bright blue eyes contrasted with her hair, but she was still stunning.

As we approached the table, the petite girl stopped her story, to which the boy and the other girl looked very thankful for. "Hey guys!" she waved at us, "Who's your friend?! Hi, I'm Annabelle! Most people just call me Belle though," she smiled, sticking out her hand.

She was a little too peppy for me, but I felt that if I insulted her, I would feel as if I just murdered a puppy.

"Annalise." I replied, shaking her hand with a smile growing on my face. Her smiles felt contagious.

"You're the one that told Chelsea off this morning, right?" the other girl said, pointing at me with her fork, one eyebrow raised.

"And it seems I've already got a reputation..." I mumbled.

She laughed, "No biggie, everyone hates her anyway." she smiled, putting her fork down. "Come sit, I'm Mackenzie by the way" she said, removing her bag on the seat next to her.

"What? Babe I'm offended, you're not gonna sit near me today?" Jay look-a-like, who's name I've come to learn is Nick, asked Mackenzie. I guess they're dating.

"No, I'm embracing the fact that there's finally a girl in this group."

"What about me?" Annabelle piped up.

Mackenzie stared at her before speaking. "Let me correct myself. A normal girl."

Belle just shrugged before turning to me again, "And that's Holden. Holden this is--"

"I know Belle, I know... I was here this whole time in case you've all forgotten." he said, with a pointed look towards the boys.

I finally decided to turn and inspect the boy. Looking at him, I realized he was in a couple of my classes today. If I thought the other guys were gorgeous, he was a god. He had side swept brown hair that he kept having to push out of his eyes so he could see his food. It wasn't too short, but it wasn't so long that he needed a haircut. He had the prettiest green eyes I'd see in a while, and even though he looked so bored they were lively and shining. He seemed a bit quiet right now, but it was almost as if he was in a bad mood. I wasn't going to say anything though, it wasn't my place.