Step Two: You Invite Her to Sit at Your Lunch Table

Step 2: You Invite Her to Sit at Your Lunch Table

I can do this. You can do this Annalise. You can do this.

No you can't.

Everyone's started a new school before...

A week into the school year...

In Junior year... Right?

Keep calm Anna. Keep calm.

I got out of my car, shut the door, and made my way to the front of the school.

Yes Annalise, they're staring at you. Pay no attention to them. 

Keep. Walking.

 "Oh my God," I heard some girl whisper, "look at her shirt, that's so ugly, who would walk out of the house wearing that?"

I turned around to see a blond bimbo hanging off the arm of what I presumed was a jock, whispering to all her friends.

"My shirt may be ugly, but at least I can get rid of it. What can we do about your ugly face and personality?"

Bimbo had nothing to say to that, besides letting her mouth hang open, while her friends held back laughs. I simply shrugged at her and removed the shirt, like I said I could, so that I was standing there in just a blank tank top. 

"See? That easy." I winked at her.

As I turned around and walked away in to the school, I could hear the wolf whistles behind me.

So much for no reputation. 

Oh well.

***

"...and your locker is on the second floor, number 2-97."

I shot the lady at the front desk a fake smile, "Thank you," before walking off to find my locker.

As I walked up the steps to the second floor, people were staring at me. Either from the little stunt I pulled on Bimbo this morning, or because they realized I was the new girl. Hopefully it was the latter, although I would prefer neither of the two options.

"74.... 81... 94... 95... 96..." I mumbled, reading locker numbers, "97!" 

Feeling self accomplished, I began to punch in the code they gave me, I didn't work the first couple times, but finally I heard the successful click.

As soon as I opened the door it got smashed closed again. Pissed off, I turned to face the person, ready to yell but instead I got sidetracked by how hot he was. Yes, he. Somebody call Life Alert because I think I'm about to faint. 

"Hello, beautiful, I don't believe we've met." said the black haired, blue eyed, god from heaven. He was tall to say the least, and muscular. He had a perfect smile that he probably used on every girl in this school, and managed to get them like putty in their hands. He had on grey skinny jeans, with a blue v-neck that brought out his eyes. When I thought it couldn't get any better, he flipped his hair.

"Well considering I just got here less than 20 minutes ago, that makes sense doesn't it." I snapped at him, still annoyed at him.

"Woah sunshine, why so snippy?" he said, looking shocked that I'd actually yelled at him, rather than falling to his feet.

"Because this stupid combo sucks and only works after you've tried it like four times and I finally got it open and then you come along and smash it closed and ugh!" I said, running out of breath. "Damn these public school lockers!" I yelled, kicking it, which didn't do much besides hurt my foot and probably scare this kid away.

But I didn't, and I looked up to see him holding back a laugh. "Let me see your combo, sunshine." he said, holding out his hand.

Reluctantly, I handed it over and watched him read it before crumbling it up in his hand. I watched him as he tried to put the code in, the whole time sexily biting his lip in concentration. After just one try, I heard the successful click and he turned back to me with another one of those heart-stopping smiles.

"Did I make it up to you?"

I looked him up and down one more time. He seemed nice enough. "Depends." I said, looking up at him innocently through my eyelashes.

He took a step closer to me, smile now replaced with a smirk. "On?"

"You have a name?"

He stared at me for a second, and then smiled, sticking out his hand, "Alex."

***

"Oh my God!" he laughed, you seriously did that?"

"Hey." I said, raising my hands in defense, "She had it coming!"

"It's about time someone put Chelsea in her place."

"Oh, so bimbo has a name? Good to know."

He laughed and was interrupted by the sound of some loud teenage boys. "Yo, Alex, where've you been all morning?" One with hair that reminded me all too much of Jay Mcguiness asked.

"Class. Weird right?"

"Not when you're with this little hottie..." another mumbled, looking me up and down before taking my hand and planting a kiss on it. "I'm Tristan." he winked.

"And I'm not interested." I responded, grabbing my hand back.

Alex burst out laughing while Jay look-a-like tried to hold back his laugh, not succeeding, while Tristan looked at me, with his mouth hanging open.

"You have anywhere to sit at lunch?" Jay look-a-like asked.

"Nope." I replied, popping the p.

"Good, you can sit with us." he said, before grabbing my arm and dragging me to the lunchroom.

A/N: So I posted the second chapter today as well, in celebration of a new book and also due to the fact that my best friend was going to murder me cause she wanted more.

Enjoy, feedback is fabulous too. Don't know when the next chapter will be up. Probably sometime this week(: