Chapter 12

Sorry this took so long, guys. I have been really busy with a lot of...stuff...but anyway, here is Chapter 12. Hope you like it.

Chapter 12

"Jezebel, come out, my love." I could hear Seth call, his heavy foot steps nearing the kitchen. "I don't want to hurt you. Let me explain."

I covered my mouth with a trembling hand and squeezed my eyes shut. I could feel myself beginning to hyperventilate as my body shook and tears flowed down my face as I tried to steady my breathing.

Something was not right about Seth. I had a feeling he wasn't normal before, but the way his face had looked in the staircase was nothing I would have ever imagined. When I opened my eyes, I choked back a gasp at what I saw through the cracks of the door of the broom closet.

I couldn't see his whole body, but the bottom half showed that he had grown twice his size! His feet had turned into large hoofs and his flesh was red as blood as he stomped around the kitchen roaring and throwing things every which way in his search for me. His voice was dark and sinister and sent chills throughout my body. He even had a tail! His clothes were shredded and a only a few pieces clung to his body.

I shrank back away from the door as more tears streamed down my face. My head was pounding like crazy as if it was echoing pain throughout my entire body.

Suddenly, one of the brooms shifted and fell against the wall with a loud clunk as I accidentally brushed against it and I froze, staring through the cracks at him. He had stopped moving; as if he were listening for me. I could hear him sniffing the air. My heart thumped rapidly in my chest. Oh, no what if he could hear it?

"I can smell that disgusting dog scent of yours and your heart that I will pull out and eat for myself when the time is ready. You think you can hide from me when I can smell your blood!" Seth growled and he suddenly spun around and began to head straight for my hiding place.

He smashed the door in, instantly cutting me with the broken pieces of wood and I screamed in horror. Grabbing me by my hair, he dragged me from under the pile of broken wood. I felt like I was no match for him as I kicked and punched at him. It seemed useless as if it had no effect on him.

"Let  me go! Let me go!" I screamed, trying to fight him, but losing energy fast as the blood from my wound seeped out faster.

"You little witch." He growled and picked me up by my throat before sending me flying across the room into the stove.

I laid on the floor in pain and gasping for breath, but he wasn't done yet. He stomped over to me and picked me up roughly, slamming me against the wall so hard that some of it crumbled around me and I let out a groan in pain as I tried to focus my eyes on him.

I flinched as his face came into view properly. He looked hideous like a monster from a movie. He was twice the size he was before and his skin had become a dark blood red with black and gold symbols. The pupils of eyes were a shining scary blue and where it was supposed to be white, it was as black as ink. Black curled horns stuck out of his head. His face was gruesomely ugly and his nails had basically become long black claws. He grinned at me evilly with pointed fanged yellow teeth and I was sure this was the end. He was gonna probably bite my head off and finish me. I closed my eyes and braced myself for my painful end, hoping it would be over quickly.

"Oh no, my love." I heard Seth chuckle a deep harsh laugh. "I wouldn't hurt you that way, but I'm not waiting any longer. To hell with the wedding. You will conceive my child tonight."

I struggled against him and he flung me across the room again as if I were a rag doll with a laugh as I crashed into a table, breaking it with my hard landing. I was breathing heavily now, laying on my back on top of the broken table and was in so much pain all over, it was unbearable. Blood had covered my entire stomach and I felt too weak to get up.

"If you weren't so lazy, you could force your transformation to occur now!" Seth yelled at me from across the room.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched in horror as he pulled something extremely long and red out from under the few pieces of clothing that were once his pants clinging to his body. OH, NO!!! This can't be happening! He really planned on forcing me to conceive his child!

I groaned in agony as I turned over onto my stomach, desperate to get away from him and dragged myself across the floor, leaving a trail of blood behind me. I was becoming weaker by  the second. I wasn't going to make it. I collapsed, ready to pass out as I heard his hoofs clunking across the floor as he slowly made his way over to me. A tear ran down my cheek and onto the tiled kitchen floor. I would welcome death with open arms rather than to have any child of his.

Just as I was about to pass out, I faintly could feel small hands grabbing me and pulling me to my feet. I yelled in pain as the wound on my side stretched a little due to the movement and I clung to the person as they pulled me from the room.

"ROSEMARY!" Seth roared. "DON'T YOU DARE BETRAY YOUR MASTER!"

I opened my eyes slightly to see Rosemary dragging me quickly through the dining hall and down the hall of pictures into the dungeons. I could hear Seth clunking behind us, throwing things at us as Rosemary dodged them.

"What are you doing?" I croaked. "You will get yourself killed."

"I couldn't stand by and watch him do that to you." Rosemary replied without looking at me as she led me through the dark corridors of the dungeon. "Forgive me."

"It's pointless." I murmured, blood dripping from my mouth. "I'm going to die soon. I won't make it. Your effort will be in vain."

"There is something you need to see." Rosemary replied confidently.

I felt as if I was going numb now and it was getting harder to move my legs. I was fading in and out and the darkness seemed to be taking over me. I couldn't hear Seth's footsteps anymore, but I could faintly make out his angry yells echoing through the castle.

"Please, just a little further." Rosemary pleaded, trying to take on my weight, but she was so small and petite, I doubted we would get much further. "Here. Go through here."

I opened my eyes again and squinted to find her pointing at a small hole in the side of the wall, small enough to crawl through. I gritted my teeth and used the last bit of strength I had to crawl my way through the hole. It was a few feet to crawl through before we were in a dark room.

"Where are we?" I breathed as I climbed out and sat with my back against a wall, clutching my side.

Rosemary said nothing.

"Rosemary - " I started when I heard a stirring from across the room. My head snapped towards the direction and my bottom lip began to quiver. "W-w-who's there?"

No answer.

"I said who's there?" I half yelled.

"Jezebel?" said a weak voice, but it sounded very familiar. "Jezebel, is that you?"

My eyes widened in shock as I realized who the voice belonged to and I squinted through the dark as my voice trembled, "Angel?"

********************

Yeah, I bet this cliff hanger done pissed you off. Haha! Sorry if it was too short for you, guys! Tell me what you think should happen in the next chapter!!!

COMMENT!

FAN!!

VOTE!!!

~ Liz ~