Chapter 7

OK, now that we have gotten past that long Chapter 6, you can definitely find out what Kiara is. She is  bit of a screw up for a guardian, isn't she? Tell me what you think! Oh, and I actually did some research on the type of creatures I am putting in my story. The picture on the side is Kim (Hilary Duff).

COMMENT!

FAN!!

VOTE!!!

~ Liz ~ 

Chapter 7

"Where the hell have you been?" Kim bellowed as she yanked opened the door to let me in, holding her bow and arrows.

"I went to see my boyfriend." I said bluntly with a whole lot of attitude. I didn't even see her hand until it slapped me across my face...hard.

"Listen here," Kim said in a low menacing voice, stepping very close to me until her nose was barely an inch away from mine, her bright brown eyes identical to mine staring angrily at me as I held my stinging cheek in shock, glaring at her.

I glanced and noticed Kelvin and Kayla silently standing behind her watching us. Kayla's face was distorted with anger as she glared at me. Kelvin was shaking his head with an amused look on his face as he mouthed, "I told you so" at me.

"I run this house and ever since the kingdom went to ruins and mom past away and then yours and Kayla's father left us with nothing, but this piece of crap apartment, you have been acting like nothing, but a little bitch. I won't have it. I won't stand for it. I'm telling you, Kiara, so help me God I will not tolerate you messing up not only your reputation, but all of our reputations because you don't know how to behave like a decent young female. Mom raised us better than that and you know that." Spit was flying out her mouth and I fought the urge to sarcastically tell her to say it, don't spray it, so I bit down on my tongue. "I can't even believe what I saw today. You look like you had on two strips of cloth around your body and decided to call that an outfit. I really can't believe you thought that was cute and I know you saw us across the street. Then you have the nerve to step in here and act like no body can't say nothing to you? You done lost your mind."

"Kim, I'm sorry-" I started to shut her up, but she cut me off.

"I'm not gonna sit here and lecture you all night," Kim said, narrowing her eyes at me, "but I'll let you in on a secret." She leaned in close to my ear and I tensed up as she whispered, "The next time you try something like what you did today or even come out of your face like what you did just now, I will personally make it my business to whip your ass like you are someone I don't like in the street. That's a promise. I won't even use my powers on you. You should be ashamed. You and your carelessness has gotten Princess Jezebel into severe trouble. Queen Celeste would be most disappointed in you."

I tried to swallow the stifling lump that had began to form in my throat after she had slapped me, but it seemed almost impossible and I tried my best to blink back the tears burning the back of my eyes from the guilt hurting my chest. I refused to let her see me cry. She won't think she won by seeing me cry.

She glared at me and I glared right back at her, my face feeling hot with anger as she turned on her heels and stormed out of the living room down the hall to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her. I turned and looked at Kayla and Kelvin.

Kelvin shook his head again, but said nothing to me as he sighed and walked past me over to the couch. He sat down and flipped the TV on. I looked at Kayla who was still glaring at me, making me more angry.

"What?" I snapped at her as I stalked past her to our bedroom. She followed me, breathing heavily and slammed the door behind her as soon as we were alone in our bedroom. I gawked at her in disbelief. I know Kayla was not trying to put her two cents in now. "What? You want some of this, too?"