Prologue - Threat Level Zero

“The time will be upon us very soon, Major...”

“Yes your majesty... We are all aware of the importance of which this operation holds...”

Snow was fluttering lightly to the ground outside, adding to endless layers of white. It was a cold day – but of course, it was always a cold day. Although, the two men in their metal bunker could feel nothing, their fireplace burning like a fierce heartbeat. The two men themselves, however, had hearts of ice that not even fire could melt.

The first man had a look unlike any other. Light lavender hair, tipped with the darkest of green spikes. His eyes were covered by a pair of goggles. Though they were of simple design, their interior mechanisms were high-tech. Some wondered if all he saw was red, given the blood-red tone of the glass always in front of his eyes. But most who wondered would soon see the same colour in their vision.

The other man – the one referred to as 'Major' – was considerably shorter than the first. He had blonde hair and pale blue eyes. He had a slight paunch, but he was apt enough in weaponry to dispel unwanted comments. The Major was also getting on in age. Some even feared for his aging bones. But they were soon silenced...

“Your majesty... One of your workers has informed me of three children who could be hazardous to your plan...”

“'Children'?” The lavender haired man scowled. “Forgive me. I could have sworn you said 'children', Major.”

“I did, sir...” The Major swallowed.

“Major, hundreds of able men have tried to stop me before. What makes this worker think that three kids can do to me?”

“These kids have quite a past...”

“I don't care.” The younger man snapped. “Children cannot stop me from achieving my goal. After all... It's a measly child we're hunting in the first place.”

“Understood. My apologies.” The Major bowed. “However, I was given files on the children... They are on your desk should the need arise.”

“Very well, then. Dismissed!”

The Major left the room immediately, leaving his master alone.

“Snow disgusts me...” The man sighed to himself. “All white and so dull... But no matter what it takes, I'll find him.”

He sat down in his chair beside his desk and scanned the room. “You can't hide from me, boy...”

There was a grey triangle on the desk beside a fountain pen and a computer. This was the only indication in the whole building of this man having a name. The plaque had a single name engraved into it. Although the name alone was enough to strike fear into any who should enter this office. The wooden block read:

'BLAYDE'

The three files the Major had left him were sat next to his arm. With a sigh, Blayde picked up the top one.

FILE: 01245:

Subject: Holly Cowieson

“Pfft...” Blayde scoffed. Still, he turned the main page and came to a fact file. There was a photograph of a girl above the information, only making him more sceptical.

Age: 14.

Height/Weight: Unobtainable.