10 ||

•° ✿ °•

From: Jae <3

Hey, come over and play fortnite with us xx

You smile at the cute message Jae sent you. With a little shake of your head, you hop off your bed and change into some casual clothing. You pull your hair up in a small bun and smile to yourself before leaving your cozy abode.

Upon reaching your best friend's dorm, your stomach started to twist and turn. If it means seeing Jae, it means seeing Wonpil too. You gulp. Your hand hovers over the doorbell, pressing it gently. The sound rings in your ears and you could've almost been deaf.

"Coming!"

You flinch once the door was abruptly swung open. On the other side was the bassist of the group, Brian, who had his mouth slightly open at your arrival.

"Hey, (y/n)." He half-smiles, stepping aside to let you in.

"Hey." You greet back softly, taking your shoes off and leaving them by the front door.

Brian softly closes the door behind you before running back to the living room and snatching a controller from Sungjin, who only sighs and gets up from the couch. You chuckle as their miraculously clean living room came into view. On the couch were four boys, yelling loud enough to make your eardrums burst.

Four boys.

Of course, he'd be gone.

"Wonpil's in his room if you're looking for him." Jae blurts without lifting his head from the television.

The three boys' eyes widen, turning their attention to you. You blush at the attention and at Jae's announcement. You give the boy a glare but he only laughs in response. With a little push from the boys, you stand outside Wonpil's door. You gulp, feeling your heart race. Finally gathering the courage, you knock on his door softly three times.

"What?" His voice was soft yet harsh.

"S-Sorry, I'll just leave." You mutter, unaware that he caught on to your voice.

You were a few footsteps away when the door swung open forcefully. You freeze. Wonpil eyes your back. Unable to turn around and meet his gaze, you keep walking. The more you moved, the louder his footsteps became. You know he was following you.

"(y/n)..."

Your knees wanted to buckle, but you didn't let it. The urge to face him and have him in your arms was strong, but you fought it. His name wanted to leave your lips badly, but you held it in. The feeling of running back to him after having just told yourself that you've moved on was coming back, but you refused to go through the same hurting all over again.

"Look at me, please." He pleads.

You don't budge.

However, Wonpil was stubborn. His stubbornness caused him to take a step forward and spin your figure to face him. He definitely wasn't anticipating the surprised look on your face, just like how you weren't anticipating his gloomy expression.

You couldn't speak. 

"I broke it off with Chaemin." He starts.

Your heart leaped for joy, but you didn't want it. A smile was forcing itself onto your lips, but you didn't want it. Wonpil was in front of you, but you didn't want it.

"Why are you telling me this?" You ask with eyebrows furrowed.

Stop it, (y/n). This is not what you want.

Wonpil gulps. He hastily wants to bring you this news. However, now that it's been said, he feels as empty as ever. There was more confusion. There was more anxiety. There was more regret. 

"I don't know." He answers, averting his gaze from yours.

Your body acts on its own. You found yourself breaking free from his grasp, slapping his hands off of you - the same hands that you want to intertwine your fingers with. Wonpil was definitely taken aback, and so were you.

"Do you want me to say, 'I told you so' for you to move on and get over it? Then, what? You'll be the same again. You'll be out 'til midnight fawning over a soul you've met and claiming them as the 'one'? I'm sick of you using me to get advice only for you to ditch me once you get what you want." You bark.

No, that's not what you want to say.

Yes, you're sick.

You're sick of hearing another girl's name leave his lips that isn't yours.

Why?

You still love him.

"(y/n), you don't understand."

"What is there not to understand?"

You didn't want to hear it. You didn't want to hear any of it, so you walked away. But even from across the small hall, his voice echoed loud enough for it to ring in your ears.

"You don't understand what my heart feels."

°•. ✿ .•°