D

Dani's POV

We are all gathered on the back porch, Luke grilling burgers and hot dogs. I guess when my mom said she wanted a cookout, it mean that we would be the ones cooking, and she would be the one cuddled up next to Robert. Cal and I are awkwardly sitting next to them on the small outdoor lounge. My mother is sitting in Robert's lap, completely oblivious to the rest of us. The only thing she said to us was 'Hi get the food ready'.

Typical.

"They're almost done guys." Luke calls. Our mother jumps up and heads over to the grill, getting out plates and grabbing condiments. Robert looks over at Calum and I staring. He briefly smiles, in the most annoyed way possible, and gets up after my mother. I sigh and start to get up but Cal pulls me back down.

"No, don't get up, you're comfy." he snuggles his face in the crook of my neck. I giggle and get up anyway.

"A girls gotta pee." I state and saunter off to the bathroom.

Once I finish in the bathroom, I go back outside to see everyone has already sat down and gotten their food. My mother and Ashton are the only people who still remain around the grill.

My mother turns and see us.

"Ketchup and mustard?" my mother calls to us.

"No mustard." we say in unison. Our heads snap to each others. He glares at me before he takes his burger, mumbling a thank you to my mother. I quickly grab mine as well and find a set next to Calum. The rest is quiet and awkward, I wish my mother would just leave. I honestly can't stand having Robert and her around, things were better when they weren't here.

"Well, it's getting late, Robert and I are leaving now." my mother tells us, giving us a sad look.

"Wait, what? Where are you going?" I ask, confused.

"Oh, dear, we aren't staying here." she laughs as if it was obvious. "We are getting married, I will be living with him."

"Oh we-" she cuts me off.

"Oh my goodness look at the time! We are going to miss our flight!" she exclaims. Flight? What flight?

"What flight? Where are you going?" Luke interjects, his voice colder than ice. The room falls silent as everyone looks at my mother and Robert.

"Uh, well, Robert doesn't live in Sydney..." she trails off, embarrassed.

"You know what just go! We don't even care! We're better off without you anyway!" I snap, tears gathering in my eyes. Calum wraps an arm around my waist and Luke is by my side, rubbing my arm.

"Honey-"

"Just go." Luke sternly says, his voice quavering as well. She quickly turns and hurries out the door, Robert trailing after her, not saying a word. As soon as the door slams shut I break down. Tears are streaming down my face. Cal just holds me as I cry into his chest. He gently kisses the top of my head, whispering soothing words to me. Luke is beyond pissed, he just runs upstairs and slams his door closed. I can hear him shoving things and crashing them against his wall.