Ch 6. Time to make things right.

Sorry guys for such the long wait! I really have had no idea what to write. I apologize if this chapter sucks..... but, here you go. Finally.

--Grace

Chapter 6- Time to Make things Right.

    We had said our good-byes to Drake before he head off to his flight to London two hours ago. I watched Anna sit on the piano bench, pretending to play with the band. It was clear that they were all upset to see him finally go. Kam especially.

     The guys were playing a slower song, but it just didn't sound right. Something was missing.

    Kam stopped mid-string and looked at me. "Kate. Piano. Now."

    "I can't play with you guys! I'd totally throw off the beat." I protested.

    "Just play. I've heard you, you're great. You play, we'll follow. Now go!" He sounded emotionless. I could tell we'd be having  a serious conversation later.

    When the guys kept staring at me, I scurried over to the piano and put Annie on my lap. I began to play a few keys and stopped to look at Kam, he nodded in encouragement. My fingers brushed the ivory keys and I began to play again. This time with more confidence.

    The notes seemed sort of desperate. It was if a part of my soul was trying to come out of me. I couldn't help but play harder and a little faster. The guys didn't play. Instead, Kam started to sing.

    The song slowly formed. It wasn't a song you'd expect to hear from a rocker, but it just fit. This was the sound that fit the band. They just sat and listened while Kam and I played. You could tell that they had the same thought.

    The song faded out, and not a word was spoken. No one cracked the usual joke, no one laughed, no one grinned, not a single person did anything. We just sat in silence, because this was the day that the band died.

   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Kate....." Kam whispered in my ear.

    "What is it babe?"

    "What am I going to do?"

    "What do you mean?"

    " I've lost the band. My hobby. My job. My life."

    I wasn't sure how to reply to that. I was bit distracted at how close he was holding me next to him on the couch. We had just put Annie to bed.

    "You have no idea do you?"

    "No idea of what?" I asked him.

    "How incredibly gorgeous you are. Inside and out....."

     I didn't say anything again. No one had ever said something like that to me before. I knew Kam had his eyes on me, but he usually never really opened up like that. It was clear how much he needed someone now that Drake was gone.

    "Kam....." I trailed off.

    "What is it?"

    "Kam.... I.... I think I need you."

    Now it was his turn to be silent. "What do you mean?"

    "It's just.... I was so afraid before. Everyone that I had loved, aside from Anna, has left my life. I love people only to be broken. You came on to me and I threw a wall up to safe myself from further heartache. But I realize now that, if anyone is going to stick around, it's going to be you. We need each other too much to leave. If we move on, together, I think we both finally have a chance to be happy."

    I felt his warm lips press against my forehead. "Kate, I think you couldn't be more right."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know it was really short and I'm sorry. I really have no clue where to go right now. So I just wrote this so you guys would have something for now. I am SO SORRY for how long it's been!!!!!

  There's a video I posted that I listened to while writing this. It's how I picture the song sounded.

Thank you for your patience and I hope to be able to post another chapter soon:)

--Grace