Chapter 5- Almost Drowning.... TWICE

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around the room. Kam's arms were wrapped around me from behind. We were laying on the living room couch, snuggled closely together. I could feel his warm breath flow down my neck, under my shirt and over my back. I shivered at the spine-tingling sensation.

On the floor, I noticed two bowls with tiny puddles of melted ice cream at the bottom. The tv was replaying the menu sequence to "A-Team" but was turned down very low so I could barely hear it. I guess we had fallen asleep on the couch last night.

"Good Morning Kate," his lips brushed against my ear.

"Morning..." I sighed, breathlessly. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I guess.... I know that you did because of the way you were snoring like a vacuum cleaner all night," I could feel his mouth curve into a grin.

I rolled over so I was facing him," I do not snore! Besides, it is scientifically proven that women do not snore. Something to do with the shape of their noses...".

"Yeah.... I'm calling a B.S. on that one. They obviously didn't test you," he chuckled softly.

Just then, we heard a chorus of deep laughter from outside. I could hear Anna shreiking in delight.

"Sounds like they started on Annie's playhouse project already". Kam noted.

While we were at the campfire last night, Justin was telling us how they planned on turning the guest house into a giant playhouse for Anna. They were going to paint the outside pink while waiting for the new furniture to be delivered.

"Do you want to go see?" Kam asked.

I groaned and buried my face in his chest. "I don't want to get up. It's too early".

"Kate, it's almost noon," I didn't budge,"You know, it'd be really funny if I just shoved you onto the floor right now..."

"If I go down, you're coming down with me. Don't even think about it!"

"Too late..." In one, fluid motion, Kam had pulled himself from grasp and had me on the floor.

I looked up to see him looking down at me with a triumphant grin. I grabbed his arm and yanked it with a force like a ninja.

Kam's grin disappeared A's he came crashing onto the floor next to me. I laughed hysterically. Kam got on his knees and hovered over me. His face seemed to shout,"This is war!"

I erupted in another fit of giggles. Kam grinned again, and he scooped me off the floor and threw me over his shoulder.

"Kam!" I giggled,"Where are we going? Kam! Stop! What the heck are you doing?!"

Saying nothing, Kam carried me out of the living room, through the sliding glass doors, onto the patio and towards the pool.

I stopped laughing and tried to get out of his grasp,"Kam! No! Please! No Kam! Don't!!!!"

He was grinning ear to ear now, devilishly.

Before I knew it, I was flying through the air and then under water. When I came up, I was greeted by the sound of Kam in hysterics. He was bent over and tears were ready to spill.

"You jerk!!!!" I yelled, only causing to laugh harder.

I climbed out of the pool and stood, dripping, in front of him with my arms opened wide. "Hug?" I asked sweetly.

He shook his head, still laughing, "Bath?" he pushed me back into the pool. This time, however, I was able to grab him and take him down with me.

We simultaneously popped up and began World War Three, splashing each other with enough water to drown someone. Inching closer and closer, it got wilder. Chaos began to form.