Chapter 1: Pilot

(This is the very first chapter of this story 'Midnight Lovers'. Please enjoy.)
______________________________

'I wonder... Will I ever find happiness again?'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaime Black was the daughter of the pack's, Moon Shine, beta who also had 2 sons older than Jaime, Jasper and Nathan, a son younger than Jaime, Ryan, and a girl who was the youngest, Alex. When Jaime was born, her mother had a vision of Jaime being a great warrior who would someday reign over even the alpha.

Without the beta knowing, he had set to kill her but this plan had taken years to plan out since the mother was related to the alpha king. By the time they had a perfect plan, it had been 5 years so she had her final kids, Jaime's younger siblings.

When the alpha took her out, he told the beta that it was all Jaime's fault. Had she not been born, his mate would still be alive. Even though the alpha had bribed rogues to do it, he blamed it on Jaime, poor little Jaime. The beta, with mixed emotions on whether to believe him since he knew the alpha had a lying streak, he finally decided on doing nothing and commiting suicide. He loved his family and he would not believe the alpha when he said his daughter did this. Also, he wanted to be with his mate.

With the beta gone, Jasper, who was by then 9, trained to be a beta. He never liked Jaime. When Jaime was 10 and Jasper was 14, going on 15, everyone around him started to dislike her along with her other older brother. Ryan and Alex were still too young to understand why everyone didn't like their sister, but they just knew that they wouldn't have that. So one night, Jasper and Nathan took them to their grandparents who resided in another pack.

When Jaime found out that her only encouragement was gone, her heart took cover in an icy blanket of darkness. She hated everyone and everything...

When the new alpha Leon, who was 20 at the time, had discovered his mate was the little girl who was hated by all and did the pack's chores, who was now 16, he immediately rejected her. He had sought some type of sadness or maybe even embarrassment or some kind of emotion to show that she cared. But she didn't show any emotion. She was calm. But if you looked deep inside her eyes and heart? You could see 11 years worth of pent up anger form the age of 5 to 16.

She simply accepted his rejection in front of the entire pack and then she continued with her sweeping. She had expected the shouts from the 20 year old who was mad that his mate, the women he owned, the girl that should be weak and crying from the fact she was rejected, wasn't sobbing at his feet. He was mad that she didn't worship him like a king or a god of sorts. He was angry that she wasn't listening to the orders that he gave her and shouted to her in her face. He was bewildered that while being shouted at and being slapped and almost punched and kicked, she continued to sweep anything and everything, even the broken glass that had appeared when he threw a big mirror to the wall on the side of Jaime. He was confused as to why she just didn't plain care.

That's when he yelled to her," WHY DONT YOU CARE, YOU FREAK!? YOURE SUPPOSED TO WORSHIP ME! IDOLISE ME! CRY TO THE FACT THAT I, YOUR MATE, THE ALPHA, YOUR KING, DON'T ACCEPT YOU AS MY MATE!!! YOU ARE TO BE ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS WHILE I LAUGH AT YOUR PITY ATTEMPTS TO TRY AND GET ME BACK! WHY DO YOU HAVE NO EMOTION IN THOSE EYES OF YOURS, YOU WEAKLING!"

Leon, Jasper and Nathan, and the pack members didn't expect for the little weakling wolf to say in a low, deadly voice, probably the most malevolent, deadliest voice that any of them had heard," I'm not going to be your bitch. And you're crazy. I don't have a mate. If I did, they obviously wouldn't be you because I don't feel ANYTHING towards you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have something to do." With that being said on that day, she left that room.

It was true, what with having a black hole as a heart. She rarely felt any emotions other than abhorrence for anyone she met. She didn't even feel sad that no one, not even her elder brothers, had remembered her 17th birthday. She simply didn't care. She had a calm demeanour and loathed everyone and everything. It wasn't until she took her nightly walk that she began to calm down a bit more. Using the phone she had bought with some money that her parents had left for her (each child being given over 5 million dollars) in their will, she listened to 'Happy Little Pill' by Troye Sivan. She liked the version this Nightcore person did.

Although she disliked everything in her existence, the feeling of being rid of those foolish wolves, made her calm. Her anger for that day would be forgotten for about an hour or two. While walking she smelt an oddly alluring scent. A scent of cherry blossom petals and cinnamon. It was a strange mix, but the pull that led her to this mystery scent was hard to resist. This scent was unfamiliar and unknown, so she knew it was a rogue. But her mind had gone fuzzy which meant that her wolf had taken slight control. She didn't fight her wolf, she let her wolf lead her to this smell.

Finally coming to a stop, Jaime's senses came back to her and she realised she was near a cliff. Looking around, she noticed that this sweet smell of innocence but unfamiliarity was everywhere. She was intoxicated by this scent. She couldn't get enough of it. Carefully, she eyed the land until she noticed a person sitting on a rock that was close to the waterfall that was next to the cliff. This figure had their back turned to Jaime and it was already dark, so Jaime had trouble deciphering of this mystery person was a girl or boy. Judging by the scent, she had guessed a girl. Walking closer to this mystery girl, she noticed a silhouette of a slim girl had become more defined. And the scent became stronger.

About 10 feet from the girl, she saw long light brown hair, and this girl was wearing a beautiful pastel pink, ruffle dress. Ruffles lining the straps that lay so delicately across the pale skin of her shoulders. A sash around her waste that with one look, you knew it was silk. This whole entire dress was silk. Jaime was enraptured with the sight of such beauty and a wonderful scent that still amazed her. She thought the girl has not noticed her presence when she heard a small angelic voice say," Staring is rude you know."

Looking up, Jaime's heart and breath stopped when she peered into the most golden eyes she had seen. They weren't hazel or a very light brown. No. Her eyes were a complete gold colour with a brighter gold colour around the rim of it. When Jaime looked into those golden orbs, she swore that she felt that all she wanted to do was play with this girls hair while her head was in Jaime's lap and have a comfortable silence with.

She felt a warm feeling in her chest that she didn't recognise. This beautiful girl was still looking at the jean, t-shirt, and hoodie clad girl that was very close to her. This girl with the short black wavy hair and crimson eyes, was staring at her while looking like she had tripped and had trouble getting up. With that thought she giggled and the warm feeling in Jaime's heart spread throughout her body. Jaime was quick to get up and fix her clothing. Her shoe had come untied and she went to tie it.

She heard another giggle and looked up to see the barefoot, dress wearing angel holding her hand in front of her mouth. Jaime smirked, yes she smirked. She didn't smile. The last time she remembered smiling was her final moment with her mother and then her father. After that she hadn't smiled in years.

While smirking at the angelic girl she asked," Why are you giggling? Am I really that funny?" You could hear the sarcasm oozing out of her words. She didn't know why but when this girl simply smiled, she felt at peace and everything was right in the world. The girl nodded and said again in her soft voice," You're hilarious. My name is Delilah." Delilah? Jaime thought. It was the most perfect name for a angel. Jaime knew right then, that it wouldn't be just and hour that she'd be calm. "I'm Jaime."
______________________________

(That is the very first chapter of this story. If you liked it please hit the star button and comment if you want. Bye, Bye! -Madox10X )