Chapter: 2

I woke up with tears flowing down my cheeks. I'm not sure if it's from the excitement that I felt in the dream or they were tears from sadness because it was only a dream. Even though it was only a dream when Shawn Mendes commented on my cover on Instagram - just to make sure - I checked the comments to see if it was a reality or nah. But all there was were comments from my followers complimenting my guitar skills - though I wasn't all that good.

To forget about the impossible dream that i just had, I decided to close Instagram. I should really work on my fiffth song, I'm half way done Pocket Full of Dreams. I picked up my guitar to finish the song, however, nothing is coming to me. I realized sitting in my boring blank room wasn't going to give me any inspiration. So looks like it's time to throw my guitar over my shoulder and head down to the river where the nature is surrounding me and the birds are chirping, now that is a good place to write a song.

                                                "They say great things come if you wait

                                                   But I won't wait for anything but you

                                                Free falls and alcohol, I've paid my dues

                                                Now I can't get high on anything but you"

Well, I guess going outside and  taking a walk helped me write some lyrics for my song, so I should probably keep doing this until I'm done. But I'm pretty tired from walking, so I went home.

"Samantha Grace! Aren't you going to video chat with your dad today?" My mom asked as soon as I arrived home. My dad works overseas with the navy, so in our house, it's only my mom and I.

"Yeah, mom. I will," I said with a bored tone. It's not that I hate my mom, but ever since I told her that I want to be a musician, she's very unsupportive about it. I don't know why, like, what's wrong with being a musician? But my dad is really supportive. I think it's probably because he also used to write songs when he was my age.

I went upstairs to my room, closed the door and FaceTime my dad. After a couple of rings, he answered and it sucks because there's only a limited amount of time that we could talk.

"Hello? Sam? Hey? Can you hear me? Sam?"  My dad asked.

"Hi, dad. And yes, I can hear you very well."

"So what's up? Anything new? Got a boyfriend?"

"Nothing much, just trying to finish my song. And NO. I don't have a boyfriend."

"You're writing another song? That's great! No, that it is AWESOME!!" My dad playfully said.

"Are you being sarcastic or what?" I said with suspicion.

"No! When I was your age, I did the same stuff. Though, my songs are way better than yours!" My dad said while laughing. I knew it was a joke, my dad is always like this. Joking around, being sarcastic, etc. At first, I hated it, it was so annoying. But now, I don't mind it. I miss my dad.

"Haha, very funny," I said with sarcasm. And then, I suddenly stopped talking and thought about the comments that were on my cover on Instagram. I guess my dad saw how troubled I was and said,

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" He said with concern.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine," I said, stuttering. "It's just that I posted a video of me playing Blackbird on Instagram and a lot of people said that I should post more on YouTube, so that they could hear me play the whole song and maybe even other songs while singing.."

"Really? That's great isn't it? People will know how talented my daughter is!" My dad said with excitement.  

"You really think so? I mean, I'm not that good though. What if they see the video and realize that I suck at it?"

"What?! No way! Then you're a different person! The Samantha Grace that I know, has really good guitar skills and singing skills as well! Trust me, everyone's going to love you. If not, then there's mom and I, right?"

"Mr. Grace, we gotta go," I heard from my dad's side.

"Oh, alright. Hold on, I'm just gonna say bye to my daughter," My dad replied to the man. "Hey, Sam. Sorry, I gotta go. Take care of your mom and yourself, alright? And good luck with the covers and stuff, I know you can do it! Love you!"

"Thank you so much, dad! You don't know how much you have encouraged me to do this! And I love you too!" I replied to my dad, and ended the call.

*

*

A/N

So now that the story is really starting, I'm very excited to write. There are 2 writers of this story and we will be posting 1 chapter each and repeating until  we are done. Leave your comments and opinons please. Heads up, next monday will be the last post until the following week.