About Time

The next day Gaster was still passed out and G was still not there.

That whole night I was unable to sleep. I turned towards every sound, hoping to see a gurmpy but safe G returning but it was always a mouse or Alphys shifting in her sleep. (She makes more noise sleeping than she does awake.)

At the moment, Alphys was bandaging Gaster's wounds, taking extra care of his head, which G had split open in several places. Occasionally Gaster would moan painfully in his sleep but otherwise he was still.

Undyne paced the floor, an uneaten piece of fruit leather clenched in her fist. "What is he doing?" she muttered furiously. "If he's up to something I'll...."

I interrupted. "He's just cooling down Undyne. He'll be back."
"Yeah, whatever punk," she said dismissively, her eyes scanning the cells around us.

"M-maybe g-g-g-G r-ran in-into trouble," Alphys managed.

"He's a big boy," Undyne dismissed her as well.

"He'll be back," I said more faithfully than I felt.

Undyne stopped talking but continued marching back and forth between cells.

I laid down on a cot, concerned with my own world. Undyne was worried about what G was doing. I was worried that he wouldn't come back.

My heart squeezed painfully with each moment. My knee bounced restlessly, fearing for G.

What if he did run into trouble? I knew he could handle most things but what if he went running into that meeting room? If he was mad enough, which he was, he could be stupid or crazy enough to do it.

I bit into my lip, drawing blood. Did he hate me?

Turning on my side to hide the tears, I breathed deeply, trying to focus on something else. I tried to think of S.W.A.T. outside or even Chara but nothing could draw me away from these thoughts.

The anger burning in G's eyes flashed over and over in my mind.

Eventually, I turned back to watching Undyne passing tirelessly between Alphys and I. Her normally blue cheeks had flushed with red and she looked ready to lose her cool at a moment's notice.

"Undyne, come sit down," I complained, patting the cot. She shook her had.

After pacing five more laps, she stopped suddenly in the center of the hall. She cocked her head, lifting a fin like ear. "I think I hear him." She started marching down the hall.I didn't hear anything. "When I get my hands on him..." she snarled.

"Undyne," I said, startled. Hopping down, I started to follow after her.

"Stay," she barked. I stopped in my tracks, watching Undyne slide down the hall and out of view.

I stood in out in plain view after she had disappeared, waiting tensely.

A small hand grasped mine. I yelped. Spinning around, I realized it was only Alphys. "S-sorry," I breathed, "Y-you scared me." My heart didn't slow. It beat widely in my throat, trying to bust out.

"N-now y-you sound l-like m-m-me," she said, a soft smile graced her face.

I calmed enough to grin back. She took my hand again and led me back to her cell. I sat on the opposite end of the cot. She watched me, while I breathed slowly, still calming.

"A-are you o-okay F-Frisk?"

"Yeah.... yeah, I'm fine. Just....tense."

"Why?"