Bonus _ 1 _ 2

"Oh my god, oh my god--!" I rushed through the fire door and stepped into the garage, where my car had been for almost an hour in a half, "It's so late!" I muttered to myself, while fast walking to my vehicle's parking spot."How did the meeting take so long?! I still have to go to the bakery first!" I threw my bag and other belongings over to the passager's seat and got inside the car, pushing the doorway too forcibly. "Damn it. Naomi is so going to chop my head off! I'm so dead!" I inserted the key into the ignition and, as I twisted it down, I lubberly pressed my foot down on the speeding pedal, feeling the familiar hum of the vehicle below me. "Time to get out here." So, with a rough start, I rolled out of the parking spot and followed the exit sign.

(...)

I turned the corner, nearly tipping the car over in the process."Wow--!" My eyes widened in surprise, and I turned the steering wheel the other way around. I almost lost control there-- I have to be more careful if I want to get there in one piece! I thought to myself, recognizing that I was being a danger to everyone using the road and sidewalk. Reckless behavior always brought trouble, but desperate times required desperate measures. So, it began a period of hasty measures and reckless decrees for the next minutes. Still, I couldn't help thinking that my driving could kill someone and making me get arrested. The lights came on and I breathed a sigh of relief, I shook my head, sending that thought away. "No time for predictions now, Sarah. Eyes on the road." I turned left and drove a few meters until I realized the road I wanted to take was packed with traffic."Goddammit!" I cursed loudly, slamming violently my hand onto the steering wheel. "Wonderful, just wonderful." My voice tone hung somewhere between sarcastic and annoyed. Taking that route would take me at least half an hour or so to get to the city. As I skimmed the area, I noticed a side road that was clear of any traffic jams. On the spur of the moment, I whipped the car around, crossed the opposite track straight-up fair, and nearly climbed up the sidewalk, quickly squidding like a lunatic. "Next stop, Chicago city." Nail thoroughly on the pedals, my tires skid as the car went up and making a long skid mark behind me. Then, a sudden flashing blue 'nd red lights followed by alarming sirens caught my eye's attention, startling me since I was too focused on getting to my next destination on schedule. I looked through my car's rearview mirror but wasn't surprised at all at what I saw. Great. Just what I needed. A police car was already on my tail; I guess they have been staking out today since there's going to be a big game this afternoon and, trying to find an idiot who wasn't following the speed limit. I happened to be that idiot. They must have seen my stunt back there. Yey, me. I sighed resigned, thinking that I had absolutely picked the wrong day to be late.

"Pull over." A man's voice through the speakers ordered.

Despite being late as hell, I still complied and immediately pulled the car up to the sidewalk. I shut the engine down and let my head fall onto the steering wheel; the fact that I knew I was getting a speeding ticket or having my license seized cast a gloom over my features, I cursed at my so-busy life. The light knock on my window door and a 'open up, please' typical catch-phrase, made me pull back and fully lean on my seat's backrest. I let out a heavy sigh, before finally pressing the button down and rolling down the window.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. That was quite a dangerous maneuver back there. Did you know that you were also driving way past the limit speed?" He asked with a frowned eyebrow while already writing down my car's plate.