Chapter 11 TEASER

"Now first rule?"

"Keep your identity hidden from humans at all costs," Adeline replied.

"Hey you got one," Bee smiled.

      Adeline snorted, "go me."

      "Second rule?"

      "Never take a life unless necessary."

       "Nice, third?"

      "This is so pointless," Adeline groaned, laying back into the soft grass with her hands over her face. Bee had taken her to a remote, abandoned field in the middle of Sweden. It was a nice change from the dry, dusty grounds in Nevada and it was strikingly beautiful. Blooming flowers sprouted proudly from the ground and trees with long, beautiful branches swayed in the wind gently.

     "No it's not," he retorted. "You need a set of rules, a code to follow. Without rules we only have chaos and no order, which then leads to a failing team and a lost war." Adeline sat up, slanting her optics and looking at the ground. "You've been following orders all of your life, your only rule was to not disobey them. There's more to it than that, you need morals."

      "I've been doing fine without them my entire life Bee," Adeline said, swirling blades of grass between her clawed digits.

     "Leaping straight into battle without a plan? Almost getting yourself and the rest of us killed? You need order. It's different being on a team than following one individual's bidding."

      "Fine, I'll keep "studying"."

      "You'll get it eventually Adeline."

       She looked at him, his warm blue eyes filling her up with comfort, she wanted to make things right again.

        "Bee, I've been wanting to say something," she said softly.

      "Yes?"