t w e n t y . n i n e

heres a 1.5k word long jaenoren/norenmin chapter cause i love softass boyfriends uwu kylzxo hope you'll like this !!

meanwhile, with chensung at jisung's, and markhyuck out on a movie date, only jeno jaemin and renjun were left in the apartment.

jaemin and jeno stuck together like glue, and renjun never felt more left out. the said couple was now in jaemin's room with the door closed, doing who knows what.

renjun just stayed in the living room using his phone, trying not to think about the ache in his chest that appeared whenever he saw nomin together, which was literally all the time.

he wasn't jealous of them, no. he knew it wasn't jealousy he was feeling, so what exactly was this ?

renjun had a crush on jeno for the longest time, but he was also really sure he liked jaemin, especially after that incident that happened in the kitchen.

how ironic, he thought as he continued scrolling through instagram absentmindedly, both people i like are dating each other and not me.

renjun finally recognised the ache in his chest as the feeling of longing.

he longed for affection from jeno and jaemin, he longed to be able to let them both know how much he loved them. but he couldn't.

renjun spent days figuring things out on his own. he couldn't tell anyone about how he felt. he knew liking two people at once wasn't going to be accepted easily, and he was afraid of what people around him would think of him once they knew.

jeno and jaemin might leave him even as friends, and it was the last thing renjun wanted to happen.

he really was happy for them. the two people he liked found happiness by being together, how could he not be happy too ?

but the dull ache in his chest was constantly there, nagging him to confess, to at least say something.

all these bottled up feelings were too overwhelming for the boy. and they weren't even for one person. he had two.

"renjunnie ?" jeno walked out from the hallway with an eyesmile.

renjun looked up from his phone, "yeah ?"

"jaemin and i were wondering if you'd wanna watch netflix with us," jeno said, still smiling adorably as he gestured in the direction of jaemin's room.

renjun shook his head, faking a smile, "its fine, yall don't have to make me feel included. i'm literally thirdwheeling the two of you all the time." he tried speaking in a more lighthearted tone, but somehow his words sounded bitter and his smile was gone by the end of the sentence.

"renjun please don't say thatㅡ" jeno walked towards the boy, worry and confusion written all over his face.

renjun pretended he didn't hear and pocketed his phone as he stood up wordlessly, walking quickly to his room.

he couldn't put up with acting like he didn't care anymore. if he can't get himself away from jeno now, he didn't know if he could control himself.

his room was just a little way in front, if he could just get in and lock the doorㅡ

"renjun stop, please," jeno grabbed the smaller boy's shoulder and turned him around.

"l-let go," renjun couldn't keep his voice from shaking.

"why are you suddenly avoiding us ?" jeno's voice was soft, but he didn't let go of renjun.

renjun looked down at the floor and only shook his head in silence, biting his bottom lip.