s i x t e e n

jungwoo hesitated.

this wasn't right.

jungwoo
i like you too|

jungwoo's finger hovered over the send button. did he really like sicheng that way ? or was he just desperate to prove that he had already gotten over yukhei ?

after some hesitation, he backspaced.

jungwoo
i like you|

it would be a lie if jungwoo said that he had gotten over yukhei. his heart still skips a beat whenever he thinks of the younger boyㅡ which is more often than he could safely say he had no special feelings reserved for yukhei.

jungwoo knew he was being selfish and dumb to think that he could forget about yukhei by being with someone else he had completely no romantic feelings for. it was unfair to sicheng. he didn't deserve to have his feelings get taken advantage of like this.

jungwoo didn't want to break sicheng's heart even more when he finds out his true intentions for being with him. if he really dates sicheng, then he would be going against his own advice he had said just hours ago.

"its better to tell them now, rather than later. if not, you're just giving them false hope, and that will only hurt them more when they finally find out."

jungwoo took a deep breath before sending.

jungwoo
i like you sicheng,, but just as a friend and not anything more sorry

but i'm still your best friend !!

don't be sad okayy ♡♡♡

sicheng !!♡
oh

okay! : )

jungwoo sighed. he knew he did the right thing, but he could tell sicheng was disappointed. his reply was late and seemed somewhat forced.

jungwoo really wanted to just run over to sicheng's apartment now to give him a hug and protect him from the world, but he didn't even know if sicheng wanted to see him now.

it was another one of those times jungwoo really hated yukhei for messing his life up. and he hated himself for still being so hopelessly in love. for being the soft hearted person he was.

jungwoo rolled into a ball and threw a blanket over his head as he tried drifting off to sleep, eyes shut tight as if he could block out all his problems like this.

"breakfast is done !" jungwoo called as he placed the last plate onto the table, and shouted in the direction of the bathroom, "jaemin get your ass out of there, you're gonna be late !"

a faint reply floated out from behind the door, "but i just got in !"

jungwoo only shook his head as the other teenagers came out of their rooms already in their uniform.

donghyuck's eyes were barely open at such an early hour, but he managed to sit at the table without bumping into anything. renjun was quiet, but alert enough. the chinese boy preferred not to talk much in the morning. chenle on the other hand was yawning in annoyance. jungwoo knew the lack of sleep usually put the youngest in a bad mood.