-Thirty one-

I had gotten good at lying over the past few years but I just couldn't do it to him. In the end I did end up lying to Kevin. "I'll help you" I said as the hope died somewhere inside of me.

"So what did he say?" Matt asked me as soon as I was out but I didn't feel like speaking. "Why are you asking me when you have everything recorded?" I asked a little annoyed. "Actually why is everything so unfair? I know how you ended up saving me from that building, because you had a location tracker on me! And I absolutely thank you for that but please, for once, stop acting like you don't know anything that just happened in there. Stop testing me" I said aloud with every person present there, staring at me.

"I.. I didn't know you felt that way" Matt said genuinely. "I didn't know it too, until now" I spoke. "You can go home, get some sleep, let's talk tomorrow okay" Matt said politely, making me regret my tone with him. "Okay" I nodded.
x-x

Sleep did make things a little better. It cleared my mind a little but the whole Kevin thing brought me back to reality.

To help myself feel better I decided to go to a local cafe with Theo and Liz. "What do I do?" I asked them with an iced latte grasped in my palms, numbing every sensation expect for the one in my brain.

"Can you help him?" Theo asked. "I don't know his definition of help" I realised. "Then why didn't you ask him when you were in there" Liz asked the most logical question. "I just didn't know what to say on looking at his state" I shrugged and took a large sip.

"Serena, think. Why would he ask you of all people?" Theo asked, making me give it a thought. "I'm the closest to Matt. I can convince" I replied. "There you go. Now how would that help him?" Theo leaned forward. "I have to convince Matt to not treat him like a prisoner. He's ill, not stupid" I answered.

"And there you have your answer" he clapped his hands together while I had a smile on my face. "Thor, you really are a superhero right" I laughed. "Took you long enough to realise" he laughed too pulling me and Liz towards him. "Man, how I love you both" I pulled each of their cheeks with each hand. "We love you too" they chimed in, trying to pull my hands off their cheeks.

"Also, we have some visitors in town" Lisa got up and went towards the door. "Who?" I asked as the door opened and Melanie and Ace walked in. "Mel! Ace!" I went up to them and grabbed them in a tight hug.

"What brings you here?" I asked them. "We have decided to increase the pace of events. You are invited to our engagement that's to happen this week.." Mel spoke and I smiled like the mad hatter. "Congrats!" I said.

"And also to our destination wedding which is to happen in Paris" Ace completed. Somewhere between hearing wedding and Paris my mouth decided to remain open in a full round 'O'.

"Serena?" Mel giggled, waving her hand in front of my face. "My besties are getting married. It's happening!" I smiled, my eyes tearing up. "And you both, my bridesmaids, we have so much to do" she looked at me and Liz. "Finally, I have been dying to know what we have to wear, what dress, what sandals, hairstyles..." Lisa started her endless talks.

"Liz, I am the bride" Mel said seriously and Theo and Ace stifled a laugh. "Yeah, but we have to look our best too" Lisa smiled innocently. "Don't you flash that smile at me" Mel squinted.

"If you girls are done, can I order my drink?" Ace asked for he was forever hungry and still pretty much in shape. "Sure, how many?" I patted his arm. "Two mint lemonades" he confirmed and before we knew it, he was done sipping his drink.
x-x

Kamille and Howard had arrived two days prior to the engagement. Kam was to be the maid of honour and it wasn't a surprise since Mel had lived most of her school life with her.