Chapter 4

As soon as my alarm sounded, I got up and showered. I threw on a black halterneck dress and a pair of sandals, and gripped my hair out of my face, generously applying make up. I put on a cropped cardigan over the top and jogged downstairs to the kitchen, school bag in hand.  I saw a piece of paper on the table, 'Good Luck today sweetie. Here's some money for lunch.' There was a £10 note underneath the paper, which I stuffed into my purse. There was a knock at the door. I rushed over and opened it. Danny was wearing a black hoody with skinny fit trousers and a purple polo shirt. 

"Morning Ashy." He said lightly. "You ready to go?"

"Do I look ready?" I asked looking down at my clothes.

"Maybe put some tights on, and different shoes. No sandals 'til June." He smiled.

"Alright, I'll be back in two seconds, feel free to sit in there." I pointed towards the living room. 

I was less than two minutes, I pulled on black tights, and a pair of black brogues, then sprinted down the stairs, grabbing my phone, keys and bag from the kitchen. "Better?" I asked.

"Much. Now lets go, else you'll be late." He pushed me out the door. 

The drive to school was short, but as we approached the school, my nerves grew. Danny got out of the car and I sat, and stared directly in front of me. Immobile. He opened the door and literally dragged me out. "It'll be alright he whispered to me." I hope so. He walked me into he reception and  the lady from the previous week threw my timetable at me. "What form are you in?" 

"Um, 12/13DB?" I replied.

"Ah, that's Mr Barratt. Nice man. He'll probably be your drama teacher too."

"Please tell me you're in that form?" I pleaded.

"Nah, I'm just down the hall though, 12YJ." He gave me a reassuring nudge. "You'll be fine. Just don't tense up."

"They'll all stare at me, won't they?" I asked, expecting the worst.

"Only because you're pretty." He winked a me. "I'll meet you outside, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise. Let's go." I followed him up the stairs and along the hallway. "Good luck." He said to me as the bell went. Then he left, meandering down the corridor to his form room. I stepped in and headed towards Mr Barratt.

"My name's Ashleigh Carter. I'm new." I said quietly.

"Ah, right, I'll introduce you to the class." He stood up and cleared his throat. "Everyone, this is Ashleigh Carter. Be nice to her, she's new. Go and sit with those girls in the corner over there." I did as he said, and sat in the spare chair next to this beautiful blonde haired girl with sparkling blue eyes. 

"Hello, Ash, I presume you prefer that? I'm Abi." She smiled softly at me.

"Yeah, Ash is good. It's nice to meet you." She stuck her hand out, and I shook it warily. 

"This is Charlotte Walter and Sophie Parker." She pointed to her friends, Charlotte was a redhead, speckled with freckles on her nose, Sophie, had dark brown hair cut into her face. 

"It's nice to meet you guys too!" I said smiling.

"So, Ash, what lessons have you got?" I withdrew my time table, and placed it infront of them. "You're in my Theatre Studies, and Charlotte will be in your Maths." 

"I'm glad I'll know at least someone in my lessons!" I felt worry rid itself from my mind. 

"So, where did you come from?" Charlotte asked.