Girl Meets Hiraeth

I find myself once again packing my bags in a rush. The second I have everything packed I rush out the front door and get in the car waiting for me. It's a long drive to the next stop in my life. We take thin empty country roads and end up in the city. I stare out the car window gripping my bag. Finally the car jolts to a stop. My door is opened for me and I am guided to the door. A lady greats me with a smile than guides me to my room.

At this point I would usually rush to unpack, but at this point in my life I just set my bag in the corner of the room. I look at the small bed than get ready for bed knowing that tomorrow I have to be the new kid.

The next morning I wake up to knocking on my door. I quickly get ready and head downstairs for breakfast. Once I clean up after breakfast I rush upstairs and grab my school bag, then I head out the door. Rain is falling on the already soggy ground. I let out a sigh and start to walk.

Somehow I manage to get to the school without getting lost. I push open the big doors and enter the school. I then push open the office doors and after a brief conversation with the lady she hands me my schedule and locker information.

I wonder the crowded halls and open up my small locker. After putting everything I don't need in my locker I slowly make my way to class.

Most classes manage to be boring, but then I reach history. Prof. Mathews seems to focus on a certain group of students who he basically give free range. I sit in the back of the room completely shocked that this counts as school work, and listening to the group of students talk about there life problems. For some reason the group leaves class early. In a little bit the bell rings and I gather my stuff.

"Miss Anderson correct?" He asks as I pass his desk. I stop in my tracks and turn towards him.

"Yes sir." I respond slightly annoyed.

"If you ever have any questions let me know." He says and I nod then leave the room.

When the school day is over i quickly change then head to my first extra curricular activity. I sit on the class room floor stretching when a boy walks over to where I am. He looks over at me and I look up and raise an eyebrow. He continues to stare blankly at me.

"What?" I ask looking back up at him.

"Oh sorry I just haven't seen you around." He says and I recognize the accent imedently. He then sits down on the bench.

"That's cause I'm new cowboy." I say and continue to stretch. "You gonna strech or just stare?"

"Um sorry." He says then the teacher interrupts.

"Miss Anderson?" She asks and I stand up and walk over to her.

Zay POV

I enter the classroom with my bag over my shoulder. Then I notice her. I swear I had meet this girl before, but I should remember a gorgeous girl like that. I can't help but stare at her while I try to place a name to the face.

"What?" The cold annoyed voice asks. I focus and notice the girl now looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Oh sorry I just haven't seen you around." I say still trying to figure out how I knew this girl. I then sit down on the bench and place my bag next to me.

"That's cause I'm new cowboy." She says while stretching. I quess I'm still stareing while wondering if she recognizes me too. "You gonna strech or just stare?" She asks as I finally snap out of it.

"Um sorry." I start then the teacher interrupts.

"Miss Anderson?" She asks and she stands up and walks over to her.

Anderson. I don't recognize that name. I tell myself while starting to strech.