🎶Chapter 6🎶

Kaminari P.O.V
I could hear the rain pouring down outside my window on to the ground. I was lying down in bed, hugging my pillow as I listening to my music, trying to get to sleep, even if it's like 6 in the evening.

It's been 2 months after the Sliter attack, and I've been beating myself up about it for all this time. I felt a heavy guilt about it. Voices and scenarios would play in my head all the time.

You were to slow.

You should have been there quicker.

You should have been there to save her.

You shouldn't have delayed her getting home.

If it wasn't for you, she would be able to talk and sing.

But no. Because of you, she can't sing or talk anymore, because it's your fault.

It's all your fault.

It's your fault.

I hugged my pillow tighter at the thoughts and voices. They were right. It was my fault. I was the one to invited Jiro to the coffee shop and keep her around for awhile and I was the one who allowed her to go home late at night by herself. I could have been quicker instead of just standing there as the Sliter cut her throat open.

I could have stopped him. I could have fought him and got him so he wouldn't be able to hurt any more people. It would have been better if I never even spoke to Jiro that day.

For the last few weeks, I've been avoiding Jiro, which just makes me feel even worse than I already felt about myself. I just don't want to get in her way any more. I don't want to hurt her any more then I've already have.

If she looks at me, I'd look away. I would avoid eye contact and avoid her as much as I could during the day.

She probably hates me anyway, so she's probably avoiding me to. I wouldn't blame her, after what's happened.

She probably doesn't even like me anymore anyway.

I felt like a total screw up. I felt like I didn't even belong anymore. I felt like I didn't deserve to be around. I didn't deserve to live if I'm being honest. Sometimes I think that if I just disappeared, no one would notice or care.

One less stupid, worthless person in the world.

I sometimes think is it better for me to just leave this world so people don't have to deal with me anymore...

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard someone ring the doorbell of my house. I sat up in my bed slowly.

Who would be coming over at this time? My parents were out for the weekend and we weren't expecting anyone.

I sighed pulled my earphones out, jumped off my bed and made my way downstairs slowly. I got to the bottom of the stairs after a few moments, when the doorbell rang again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I called out tiredly as I reached the door and opened it.

I didn't expect what happened next.

As soon as I opened the door, I felt a hand make contact with my face with a slap, nearly causing me to fall to the ground. I held my cheek in pain. What the actual?

"What the f-" I yelled, but stopped myself when I saw who was standing outside the door.

It was Jiro, standing there with her hand still extended from the slap, shivering and shaking as the rain poured down.