Chapter 1: Change

Ashton picked up his phone and quickly dialed his boyfriends number.

Dialing...

Dialing...

Dialing...

"Hey babe," Luke's sweet voice rang through the phone. "I'm actually on the way out, can I call you back in a minute?"

Ashton's emotions were running through the roof. "Well, you can, but...um..." He trailed off.

Freezing in his tracks, Luke took the call more seriously. "What's wrong?"

Ashton hadn't meant to worry him, but Luke's voice was calm and he waited patiently for Ashthon to respond. "Babe, can you come over?" He didn't know how to tell him over the phone.

"I'm kinda...Ashton I'm in the middle of this..." Like thought for a moment. If it wasn't important, Ashton wouldn't have called. "I'll be over momentarily, Hun."

"Thank you, Lukey-bear." Ashton's nickname for Luke rang through the phone.

Luke thought for a minute again, "see you soon." As he went to hang up the phone he quickly put another few words into the ending conversation. "iloveyou, Ash."

Ashton's heart felt heavy at the sound of Luke's love. "iloveyou too," he said before the phone's dial tone started buzzing signaling the end of the call.

Ashton's mind went blank as he thought of a way to tell his almost unreal boyfriend, the love of his life, his miniature infinity that he wasn't going to be around anymore. He began to pace letting his mind wander.

Soon enough Luke walked through the open front door.

Here goes nothing, Ashthon thought as he fought back the urge to cry.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Luke lookedback and forth from the teary eyed Ashton and his almost completely packed bedroom. Tears began pouring down his cheeks as Ashton's words finall began to sink in. 

Reaching out to comfort his boyfriend, Ashton apologized. "I'm sorry, Luke. I'm so so sor-" Luke pulled away from Ashton before he even touched his arm. THey sat across from each other in the living room. Ashton's bedroom door stood wide with boxes pilled up out of the room. "Luke, please," Ashton fell on his knees in front of Luke.

Luke, refusing to make eye let his brain adjust. His eyes played around in the boxes each labeled differently. He stood now, letting his voice break, "How long-," he sobbed. "How long did you know?! You look as if," he broke to take a deep breath, trying to calm himself, "as if you've already packed all your belongings. You look as if this isn't even news!" Luke screamed at Ashton.

Ashton lay on the ground like a rag doll with all the stuffing taken out of him. "I found out this morning, but my mum says I have to hurry! She's making us leave tonight!" Ashtn looked at his boyfriend, his heart breaking more and more with every breath.

Luke stumbled backwards keeping his gaze locked on Ashton's packed boxes. He began to scream, his mind thinking the worst. :You never loved me," he whimpered. "You didn't plan on staying did you?" Luke finally looked at Ashton. 

"Luke, you're speaking nonsense! I love you!" he shouted. 

Luke suddenly had a calm wave wash over him, "Stay with me," he whispered. "You can live with me." Luke focused clearly on the uneasy Ashton. 

"You know I can't. I'll be putting your whole family at risk. I have to leave," Ashton tried to reason. 

"What the hell does that mean, Ash? You're leaving because you're mom's making you, but if you stay, you put me in danger? What the hell does that mean!?" Luke threw his phone on the ground, shattering the screen. "You know what, I don't want an excuse. Just fucking keep in touch."

Ashton's brow crinkled with confusion. "If I told you why I was leaving, it would make things worse. Just trust me." Ashton's tears were dried now, but Luke still had a steady flow running across his face. Ashton pulled Luke into his embrace and kissed his lips tenderly. He whipped Luke's eyes, leaning in to hold him tightly, "iloveyou so much, Lukey-bear. I'm going to miss you everyday for the rest of my life."

"We'll see each other again. I promise," Luke's heart was shattered as he said those words. "iloveyou, Ash."