Chapter 7: Its All History Now

Michael began at the point he could remember. He took deep breaths, scared to death of what Ashton would think of him.

"I can barely remember back to when I was five, my mom and dad were constantly fighting, but my dad," Michael stopped letting his mind wander for a minute.

"Where the hell have you been?" Michael's mother prodded her husband.

"Working. Get off my case, woman." He would respond coldly.

"That's the same lousy excuse you use every damn night. Do you have a side bitch? Who is she!?" Michael's mum grew angry.

"No! I don't have a side bitch! The only bitch I have is you! I've been out working all goddamn day earning money so you can have all this fancy shit and waste my fucking money!" he yelled back.

She threw the plate she had been holding at the wall. "Whatever!" She stormed off to the bedroom.

Michael was peeking out his bedroom door. He was supposed to be asleep. His father turned to see baby Michael standing in his doorway, his rag bunny at his feet. "Hello Michael." His father said roughly, slamming open Michael's bedroom door. Michael ran and hid under his covers of his nascar bed. "Want daddy to hold you?" He said with a smirk.

Michael moved the covers so they were just covering the lower half of his face. "Yes please, sir...." He whimpered.

Michael's father's grin grew wider as he raised his arm to his child. "Too fucking bad!" His hand came down on Michael's small face. "You don't deserve love. If daddy doesn't get love neither do you!"

Michael's father ripped the blankets off him when a small sqeal came from the other side of the room.Michael's twin sister sat causiously in the corner of the room with her identifcal rag bunny.

Michael's father shifted his attention to the other small child. The father jumped across the room towars her and laughed loudly at her screams. She attempted to get away but failed. The father ripped at her clothes and touched her in places.

Michael was uncomfortable. He began to cry and then his sobs grew louder when his sister's did. He ran to his mum for help but she was nowhere to be found. When Michael came back to the bedroom where his father and Kathryn had been, Michael's father had locked him out of the bedroom.

"This went on for years." Michael said, no real emotion on his face. "When I turned 12 I told my mom. She was angry. Very. But not at dad, no. She was angry at Kat. She blamed her and then through her out on the streets. I didn't like that so I followed her, I took care of her. She had moved to the U.S. to begin a new life when we turned 18. I moved here to find her, but I haven't heard from her since. My parents divorced and my dad tried to find me. He wants Kathryn dead," Michael's voice broke and he sobbed a little.

Ashton put his arm around his newfound friend and let him cry into his chest now. "Well you're safe now. I won't let you go," Ashton was calm and he meant what he said. He refused to let anything happen to Michael.

Michael sat up and looked at Ashton. He sighed, "I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about Kathryn. I miss her."

"I'll hekp you find her." Ashton was dead serious. "With my internet skills, I'm sure we can find her." Ashton hugged Michael tightly. 

"Thank you," Michael whispered in Ashton's ear.

Ashton felt Michael crying again, his hot tears fell on his t-shirt. Ashton turned and kissed Michael's cheek. "It's all gonna be okaay. We'll find her, I promise."

Michael sighed and sat up looking at Ashton. "Do you mean that?"

Ashton thought for a moment keeping his eyes on Michael's eyes. Michael never took his eyes off Ashton's. "With all my heart," he finally said.

Michael leaned forward like he was going to kiss him. Ashton leaned in slightly before his mind screamed at him, "LUKE!" Ashton stopped and pulled back, putting a finger to Michael's lips. "I can't," he said now not even looking at him. "I can't do that to Luke," Ashton's heart broke saying the words because somewhere inside him he knew things with him and Luke ended the moment Luke stepped out of his house for the last time.

Michael pulled back instantly regretting his movements. "I'm sorry, you're right. I'll go. Thanks for talking with me," Michael stood quickly and made his way to the bedroom door.

"Wait," Ashton said. "Not just yet. Maybe soon, but not yet."

Michael let his tears escape him again stopping at the door with his back still to Ashton. "How stupid can I be?" He thought. "It's okaay, Ash. I don't need your pitty." And then he was gone.

As soon as Michael had shut the door, Ashton ripped out a notebook from his desk drawer, he instantly began writing down words that flooded his head like a poem he had memorized back in grade school. He wrote curse words and rhymes, he hyfinated things and scribbled out words he didn't like. He pounded out beats for every word, emphazizing them and then at the top of the notebook page he scribbledn the words: Voodoo Doll

He put the notebook down on the desk and stared at it for a moment and then out of no where, screamed as loud as he could at the top of his lulngsand slid everything on his desk and dresser onto the floor. A crystal vause that had been full of water and blooming roses crashed onto the ground. 

 AU: I'm sorry it took so long to update and I'm REALLY sorry this chapter is so dark. It's gonna start looking up soon. There's a lot of plot twists in this.