22

Luckily, the suit flies on its own

Luckily, the suit flies on its own. It isn't surprising to me that Tony has built an auto-pilot system, and it's even less surprising that it was already turned on in this suit because he knew he was going to get his way when he went to that prison. We fly over the ocean and out of the rain and it doesn't seem to take too long before we begin seeing snow.

"Alright, Riles." Tony's voice comes through my suit. "We're here." I can see the quinjet Steve and Bucky took from the airport in Berlin and as we land, I notice their tracks leading up to the door of the underground facility.

"They haven't been here long," I state, making my way towards the open door.

"Keep the suit on for now," Tony moves to step through the door first. "I don't need anyone else getting hurt." I follow Tony into the dark room and we make our way directly towards the elevator.

"Thank you for bringing me, Tony."

"Yeah, well," He turns to look at me in the crammed elevator. "Don't make me regret it. If you get hurt, it was me who brought you here."

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I won't get hurt." The elevator slams into the ground at the bottom floor, and Tony takes a step forward to pry the doors open. Bucky and Steve both sit on the stairs down the hallway, ready to attack if need-be.

"How do I take the helmet-" I'm cut off as the helmet of my suit retracts down into the chest piece. "Well that's convenient." I notice Tony let out a breath as his own helmet goes down and he steps forward, Bucky's gun trained on him as I walk beside him.

"You seem a little defensive." Steve's eyes go from mine to Tony's before saying, "It's been a long day."

"At ease, Soldier." Tony addresses Bucky, whose gun remained aimed and ready despite Steve's slightly more comfortable composure. "I'm not currently after you."

"Then why are you here? And why'd you bring Riley?"

"I got her out of prison, so, you're welcome. And could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe." I roll my eyes at his inability to admit that he was wrong to Steve. "Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. For mine and Riley's sake." He pauses. "Otherwise I've got to arrest myself, not to mention she'll go straight back into that cell I just worked so hard to get her out of."

"Well that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve's shield finally drops to his side and Tony lets a slight smile slip. "It's good to see you, Tony."

"You too, Cap." Tony and I look up towards Bucky at the same time and I see his gun still aimed right at Tony, waiting for an attack. "Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here, you can drop-" Steve motions for Bucky to put the gun down and he does without hesitation.

"I wouldn't have come here with him if I thought he was going to pull some stunt on you guys." I walk towards the stairs and begin making my way up. "Lets get moving, please. We've wasted enough time."