3

Tony Stark's car skids to a stop in front of the Avengers facility. He jumps out without taking the keys and without closing the door as he sprints into the building.

"Riley!" He yells her name repeatedly, opening and closing doors as he runs through the halls.

"Tony?" Steve walks up to him with Natasha following behind. "What's going on?"

"Riley left, that's what's going on." Tony jabs his finger into Steve's chest. "She left when you were meant to be watching her. I got the message from Friday when I woke up and got here as soon as I could and you guys haven't even noticed?"

"Tony," Natasha speaks in a calming tone. "The alarm was enacted. It never went on. She's gotta be here somewhere."

"The alarm won't go off if she knows the security codes." Tony runs his hands through his hair as he paces up and down the hall.

"She doesn't know the codes."

"I gave them to her." Tony stops in his tracks and looks over at Steve. "She told me she wanted to take more walks, go outside more. So I gave her the codes in order to give her more freedom. She told me she was feeling a lot better."

"Then maybe she's just out on a walk now, Tony." Steve looks at the clearly distressed man, trying to remain calm for his sake. "She hasn't been sleeping so it's plausible that she went out early and just isn't back yet. Training is at eight. She'll be back by then. I know it."

Tony walks through the halls with Steve and Natasha following behind until they're standing in front of the young girl's room. Tony slowly opens the door before immediately beginning his pacing in the hallway again.

Steve looks inside to find a completely clean room with no evidence that anyone ever stayed in there at all, except for one piece of paper sitting on the perfectly made bed.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to worry about me any more. Thank you for everything.
-Riley"

Steve catches Tony's fist just before it goes through the wall.

"How are you so calm right now? This isn't calm time. This is freak out, the depressed young adult is missing time." Tony throws his arms in the air.

"Hey." Steve's voice remains calm as he looks at Tony. "She's strong. She can take care of herself. We'll hear from her soon."