A "Splintered" fanfiction: Alyssa wakes Morpheus (Part 1)

One day I got the idea that I should write a fanfiction in which Queen Ivory shares her experience about Morpheus with Alyssa, you know - to "prepare" her. So I decided to make it a thing! Here's part one of the story. More are coming soon ! Hope you enjoy!

I start running between the flowers, careful not to crash any of them. And then I stumble and fall on my knees, elbows and face. I laugh and I stand up. I see – a disobedient stone was on my way.

- Naughty stone – I say and laugh again. I turn my face and see that my mom is smiling at me. She's sitting on the grass,  making me a flower tiara. I go to her and she puts the finished tiara on my head. I am four years old and I lift my hands up to hug her.

Bright sunlight and some strange noises wake me up and my wonderful dream flies away. I sit on my grand bed, rub the sleep from my eyes and stretch my muscles. I am practically swimming in satin crimson sheets – a blond head in a sea of red. I hear the strange noises again and smile. I am not surprised by them as this is Wonderland – the most crazy, mad, wonderful place! And even though it's my second month of living here and being queen, I still want to hug every strange, unique and sweet creature I meet! Especially one, with blue hair and a whole collection of hats. I still leave him with long hugs and passionate kisses, but soon this is about to change! Morpheus's coronation ceremony will also be our Wonderland wedding! He will be king. My king. I smile instantly at the thought. And at the thought of our first wedding night. Or I have to say TWO wedding nights!!! Sadly, humans are not allowed to participate in Wonderland's festivities, so we will have a small wedding in the human world too – with my family and my best friends Jeb and Jen. Every week I go to the human world via mirror and stay with my family for the weekend. And I love those days! I truly experience the best of both worlds.

I stand up from the bed and a nice sensation runs through me as my bare legs touch the cold chess-like tiles. I see my royal advisor, Rabbit White, setting the red curtains ajar and letting more sunlight in.

- Hello, Rabbit! It's lovely to see you in the morning – I grin at him. He really is adorable!

- Lady Alyssa, pleasure all mine is! Rabbit White, your royal advisor being, happy makes!

- It's a good day isn't it?

- Day, very good is! Alyssa lady, what will do?

- I'm going to follow my intuition! – I smile at him and turn towards my wardrobe. While I walk I think of Rabbid. He's still in his cursed form, but I've sent word to Wonderland's best magicians and a cure will be found soon!

When I was crowned as a queen, Morpheus insisted to take care of my wardrobe, so now I am having a whole other room for my clothing. I look at the stacks of dresses and skirts. There's a lot of baby blue, peach, lavender, grass green and of course – crimson red. He really was enjoying himself at designing my closet and he did a fantastic job. He let me choose a whole collection of horizontal and vertical striped leggings and fingerless gloves in all colors.  And while no one was paying attention, he add something that symbolized him – a small hat veil in every possible color. And I couldn't blame him – I really looked adorable with them! Today my hair is unrealistically curly, so I choose a thigh long backless lavender dress with baby blue ribbon belt that goes under the breasts, tinkerbell-shaped short sleeves and blue lace on the edges. Then I put a white and blue horizontal striped legging and white leather gloves. I look at my veils and choose a purple one with miniature white moths on it. I tilt it at one angle on my head and turn to look at my reflection in the mirror. My eyepatches  look sparkly in the light and my wings are glorious and powerful from behind me. A real netherling. If I had rubies on my patches like Morpheus's, they would be sparkling with joy and anticipation of what I'm about to do.

I walk from my closet and then out of my room. I take a narrow staircase that will lead me out of the palace without many creatures seeing me on the way. This is a new outfit and Morpheus will be the first one to see it. When I set foot in the garden I spread my wings and take a flight very high in the sky. Morpheus and I spend a lot of time for my training how to fly. And yesterday I totally exhausted him. I grin inwardly. I hope he's still sleeping so I can surprise him!

I land near his mansion and his harem of sprites welcomes me. Gossamer lands on my shoulder.

- Hello, Gossamer!

- Lady Alyssa, we didn't expected you so early!

- Don't worry, I wont cause trouble, much!

- I'm happy to see you're adjusting by the hour, lady Alyssa! My master is really proud of you!

- I flash a bright smile – Is he awake? – I ask and I suddenly understand that I've never seen Morpheus asleep before. NOT. EVER.

- Yes. He's in his chamber. I'm taking you to him.

As we walk I think of the view that awaits me behind his door. Does he look peaceful or he's smug even in his sleep? I don't know. He would call himself a “Sleeping Beauty”. I chuckle at the thought. We reach his door and Gossamer sents me a kiss. I open his door very carefully and sneak in to see the most adorable thing ever. If I thought I love Morheus in all his glory when he's awake, than I've surtainly reached a whole new level after seeing him asleep.  His bed is chaos – rumpled sheets everywhere, but not on him. He may sleep with four pillows, but he's not using anyone of them. His head is resting on his elbow and he's hugging a pillow against his chest like a teddy bear. His feet are bare and he's wearing a black pajama bottom. The muscles at his chest are at ease as are his wings – two of them are staying still in midair and are trembling a little everytime he exhales. His blue hair is a tousled mass and near his head lies his Hat of Good dreams. He even sleeps with a hat…I love my man. I can say it freely now. I love him. And what really fills my heart with sunshine is his face. He's smiling in his sleep. He's happy. I stand there unmoving, just to enjoy his moment of happiness. Soon we will share a bed, and I'll get to see this paradise every morning. I'm probably beaming right now. I step closer to his bed and lie carefully next to him, trying not to wake him up. When he doesn't wake I marvel at his handsome features and take in the tobacco smell of his breath. He must have been smoking his hookah before sleep. I smile – my bad boy. I should scout him for that. I can't wait more so I plant a quck kiss on his chin. He startles and wakes up. I try to memorise every movement, but I forget what I am doing as two sleepy eyes look at me.

-         Hello, handsome! – I mumble.

He doesn't say anything at first, just puts his hand on the small of my back and brings me closer to him, so our noses touch.

- Hello, my little luv! – Morheus whispers and then breaks the distance between us with a gentle kiss. Our “Good morning” kiss!