One: Insanity

POV: Alice

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is. Because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

I was sitting with my legs crossed on the kitchen floor, my hands on my stark-white apron that I was wearing over my favorite blue dress. After all it was the one I wore to such a wonderful place.

Wonderland.

"Alice I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about! All you talk about is this 'Wonderland' nonsense and it doesn't even it exist!" My mother exclaimed, frustrated with me. We have had this conversation so many times before, she new exactly what I was going to say next:

"But mama it does! I've been there! I told you! Why won't you believe me?"

"A smile without a cat, a rabbit with a watch, and playing cards that paint white roses red? Alice dear, there's just no such thing!" she shook her head frustratingly, yet knowing I would continue with more 'nonsense'

"Mama I even played croquet with the Queen of Hearts!"

"Yes I know dear, you've told me many times. There was a pink flamingo that you used as a hammer and a hedgehog you used as a ball. It's a good thing it was all just a dream, those poor animals!" She put down her book to look at me. She looked strained, tired, worn-out. It was always like this every time I brought Wonderland into our conversations.
"Alice, don't you have something better to do? You haven't stopped talking about this nonsense ever since you came home from that park last year. You had fallen asleep against a tree trunk while your sister was reading to you. And then when you came home all you would talk about is your dream! At first it was wonderful! Hearing about such a vivid dream! Bright purple and orange flowers, caterpillers that could talk, and even a talking rabbit! But now it's too much! Alice! You have to go and do something with yourself! You can't be like this forever!" My mother covered her face with her hands trying to stop her tears from flowing down her face, but nonetheless, they rolled off her cheeks and had begun wetting her dress apron. Drop by drop they dampened her pale yellow apron.

"Mother, please don't cry, you'll flood the house! Just like I did in Wonderland!" Her apron became drenched as she cried even harder. I didn't want to see my mother crying like this even if I wanted to convince her that Wonderland was real.

"It's okay mama, I won't talk about Wonderland anymore. I promise."
I hugged her and whispered quietly in her ear, gently comforting her until she stopped crying.

"Thank you dear, thank you." she eventually wiped her tears on a dry corner of her dress and slowly resumed her book.

No one believed me. My mother, my sister, my friends. None of them. They all thought I was insane. I trudged over to my room where I silently closed my door and fell on top of my blue bed. I stuffed my face into my pillows and cried. Hard.

"No one believes me! Wonderland is real! I know it is I know it is!" I pounded my fists into my soft matress until I had no strength left. I unfisted my hands as I turned onto my back and started at the ceiling.

"Oh why did I ever leave Wonderland?" I closed my eyes, wiping away all my tears I had shed. Using my apron, I made sure I hadn't left any of the salty water behind. I slowly parted my eyes, only to realize that my room had flooded.

“Mother! Help!” In an attempt to escape the water that was engulfing my room, I tripped and fell off of my bed. Completely submerged in water, I opened my eyes and swam towards my doorknob. Just as I was about to twist it, I felt a tug. I turned my head back, only to find myself being pulled into a vortex of water. I tried to scream but swallowed water instead. The last thing I saw before blacking out, was my whole room swimming with my toys, and woodland animals I had only ever seen in a place of my dreams,  Wonderland

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooooo! What did you guys think! In exchange for the SUUUPER slow updates, I will be making my updates as long as possible for you guys! I managed to cram in 582 words so, WHOOP WHOOP! I don't think I have ever posted anything that long before lol. Anywho, PLEASE comment on what you thought and vote if you liked it! Okay, well it was 3am in the morning when I wrote this and I needed sleep but if you see any mistakes please tell me! Cuz at this point, I couldn't tell the difference between a mouse and a dinosaur. If you have any casting ideas I am free for opinions!

Thank you lovelies! Next time,

Ella