Part Two, Chapter Three

(Sorry guys, these chapters have been and will be shorter as I struggle for creativity and ideas. I hope they are quality anyway! Thanks :)  Have a Great day!)

Marinette rushed through the school gates, right as the bell rang. Shoot, late again? Marinette looked down as she sprinted as fast as she could. As she turned the corner to clatter up the stairs, our blushing beauty bumped into a fellow blonde-haired student turning to run up the stairs. 

She fell onto the bottom step, unhurt and with her books intact. Adrien, however, was not so lucky. His hasty packing of homework, books and dozens and dozens of neon green papers spilled out of his unzipped messenger bag. Marinette, red-faced and stammering, failed at saying sorry and sighed in defeat. Instead of trying to speak, she started cleaning up the mess. Adrien's papers confused her, until she read them:

Where Are You? Searching for a princess, goes by the name Ladybug. Amazing dancer, drop-dead beautiful and has a secret identity. The girl who knows what they left behind can find Adrien Agreste in the Courtyard during lunch.

Marinette blanched as she read the flyer. "A-Adrien..? What is this?"

Adrien's face grew red as she held his flyer up. "Um, I mean, it was for this girl I danced with back at the winter formal. I'm trying to find her, so I can, um- tellherhowIfeel. Because I really like her and she left before I could say anything."

And with that, Adrien scooped the rest of the flyers up, shoved them into his bag, and ran to class. Marinette stood there, shocked and speechless. Reluctantly, she trudged upstairs to her classroom door. Her teacher stood there waiting with Adrien, arms crossed and foot tapping on the concrete floor. Marinette gulped. I'm late for the last time.

"Detention?!? But you were barely late!!" Alya's screams could be heard throughout the hallway that was plastered with the green posters. The girls approached the Courtyard entrance, so they could leave and go out to lunch. 

"I know! Chloe is late every day, go figure." Marinette frowned.

"But giiiirl. You get to be stuck in detention. With Adrien. For Three. Whole. Hours! Am I right or am I right?"

The friends were stopped as a line full of teenage girls formed in front of them, snaking out to the outside door. Adrien and Nino were at the start of the line, perched at a plastic table. A sign advertised the place to be interviewed for Ladybug's identity. Marinette could hear the first girl at the table, crying fake mascara tears as she blubbered nonsense to Adrien. "A-and, my cat is white, with... with a pink bow, and I left it with you at the dance! I am Lady-Ladybug and you will date me!" She then proceeded to fall into his arms. Adrien, with an annoyed look on his usually calmed face politely but quickly pushed her away from his table.

"How can he even think for one second that these girls are Ladybug?" Marinette hissed at Alya. Alya giggled, then ran over to Nino, chattering about what's going on.

Adrien leaned on the palm of his hand, eyes glazed over by the swarm of girls in front of him. It seemed hopeless. No girl here even fits the personality. Unless...

"Wait! Marinette!"