2. Cheyenne Middle School

Start from the beginning

My eyes dropped at his hand and I gawk at it curiously. Great, [YN], way to give your first impression to this cute guy—My eyes widened in surprise at what my subconscious just said.

Harrison flashed me a questioning look. "It won't bite, I swear." He joked, his hands still waiting for me to touch it.

I rolled my eyes playfully and shook his hand. "I'm [Yn] and yes, I am new here. Nice meeting you."

His face lit up at the news. He gave me a wary impish smirk and dragged me to the school's building. Before I could protest, he started talking again, distracting me from plotting his murder.

"I'll show you around then. But first, we must head to the office to get your schedule." He said.

"Why are you doing this?"

"I like helping."

Sure.

Once we arrived at the office, I saw three students sprawled on the big couch, texting and grumbling at how much they'd be bored during detention. They looked up and grinned at us. Well, particularly at Harrison.

"Richmond, my man!" The guy greeted and they both did the bro handshake that still confuses me until now. "Late again, huh? What were you doing this time? Playing video games or hanging out with someone?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, looking at him and then to me.

I gasped, getting what he was actually implying. Harrison slapped him upside the head. "No, idiot. I snoozed my alarm clock again. She's innocent, so shut your trap."

The guy grinned and raised his hands in surrender. "Whatever you say, Richmond. See ya later in detention—" He stopped himself as he sat back down the couch, propping his feet up on the table. "—Well, that's if you'll not get suspended with how much detention slips you already have."

Harrison rolled his eyes in annoyance and dragged me towards the lady at the counter. I told him to stop manhandling me but he ignored me as he greeted the lady.

"Why, isn't this day a lovely moment to not mark my tardiness, and instead, exchange pleasantries with a new friend?" Harrison spoke theatrically. "Do you want a cup of tea for that, Mrs. Allen?"

Mrs. Allen, the secretary, rolled her eyes and decided to ignore Harrison. I snort at the sight in front of me. "Seriously, my dear exquisite, Mrs. Allen. You'll ruin your vision for staring at that computer screen for hours."

"The only thing that'll ruin my vision is if you are in my line of sight, Harrison." She retorted. I watched her as she grabbed a tardy and detention slip and wrote something. Harrison whined melodramatically, feigning hurt, knowing that he can't do anything to save his arse from his impending doom. "What's your reason for being late now? Your goldfish died? You choke on a fly? You forgot your underwear?"

Harrison blushed. I chuckled and crossed my arms. "You forgot your underwear?" I asked him.

"No!" He answered quickly. "Mrs. Allen is just lying. My mother got sick, that's why. I have to aid her before I go here. Family before education."

He's lying, I thought. I opened my mouth to protest but I got cut off by Mrs. Allen.

"Oh, you're the new girl?" She asked me.

I nodded in response. She replied something like "alright" and gave me my schedule. "Principal Cheyren can't entertain you right now. She's in a meeting, I hope you understand."

"It's fine." I replied, relieved at the thought of not meeting the Principal. They can be scary when they want.

"Mrs. Allen, I'll have you know, I would have arrived on time if it is not just for my chivalries that I actually offered Ms. [Yn] here for a tour." More like forced me.