Chapter Two: Teammates

"Let me get this straight," I asked, receiving groans from Dad and Jon." You're the same Superman that... gave me my necklace?" Dad nodded and smiled sincerely. "Yes hun.I'm that Superman."I nodded, now that it all made sense.After mine and Dad's small meeting with Bruce Wayne (and Todd) Bruce took us along with Jon to Wayne Manor.

"Is she done yet?, I heard Todd ask, shooting him a look that spoke 'really?' all over it."Yes Todd, she's done.Hopefully anyways." The sounds of footsteps running made us all turn our attention to the doorway of the room we stood in,which was Bruce's study."Daddy!" A little girl's voice called before she sprang into Bruce's arms and hugged him.Oh, how I missed doing that to Dad.And I knew he missed it too."Hey! No fair! You cheated!" A boy ran into the room past us and stood beside Bruce. The little girl, who I presumed to be at least 6,stuck her tongue out at the boy, who looked to be 10 or 11."Be nice to each other.We have guests." The little girl buried her head in th crook of Bruce's neck at the sight of us, and the boy smiled widely."Who's the pretty girl Dad?" I blushed immensely and cleared my throat."This is your Uncle Clark. These are his  children.The boy's name is Jonathan and th girl's name is Max-"

"Just call me Max," I interrupted, making sure he got it right. "Max.", Bruce corrected with a smile. The little boy walked up to me and smiled widely." You have big boobs.Wanna be my girlfriend?" My jaw dropped and I stepped closer to Dad, who eyeballed the kid. "Thomas,you'll have to get through me first." The boy pouted and a giggle escaped the little girl."This is Martha, my non-perverted child.The younger boy is Thomas, and you've met Todd," Bruce spoke up."Why are you two brats in here anyways? Get out," Todd said in a harsh tone before pushing his glasses up to his face."That's none of your business, Todd.We came to tell Dad that Mrs.Diana and Chris are here."I heard a low growl from Todd that made me want to slap him.I didn't know what this guy's problem was, but I was determined to find out.

We made our way downstairs and something came over me.It wasn't my powers.It was something else; something amazing. In my view was a guy who was Jon's height that had short chocolate brown hair and forest green eyes.He wore a plain blue shirt with the collar sticking up.Underneath the shirt was a white, long sleved shirt that met in length of his blue one.He was handsome and made my heart skip a beat." Max!" I lost this feeling as I missed a step and nearly fell, but was caught in someone's arms. It was no other than Handsome Guy.Our eyes met and we blushed at our close contact." Um,hey. I'm Chris"

" I'm Max.But you can call me 'please marry me'."A laugh escaped his lips that made me cover my face with embarrassment. "Don't cover your face. It's too beautiful to hide.And maybe once we graduate, I'll consider marriage."I felt myself be lifted out of his arms and ended up on Dad's shoulder."You are not marrying my daughter," he spoke and looked at Mrs.Diana Prince-Daniels, who shook her head. She was Wonder Woman, Amazonian Princess turned Heroine with extraordinary powers as great as Dad's.

"Nice to see you too Clark.My, haven't we all... matured? She said in a questionable tone."Yes, we have.This is my daughter Max and son Jon."I waved at Chris and he waved back."And this is my embarrassing Dad,Clark Kent and/or Superman."Chris nodded and stuck his hand out towards Dad,slowly dropping it since Dad didn't return it . "You guys didn't answer my question.And put me down Dad."He put me down and looked at me."Oh yeah.Well, now that you all know who we are.As in,alter egos,it's time we explained something. It's obvious we're getting older and we won't be here forever.And someone has to protect Earth," he said."So you guys want us to carry on in your places?" Chris asked, our parents nodding."Does Mom know about this,?" Jon asked, both of us knowing he possible reaction ."I talked about it to her and she wasn't too thrilled.So we may need to keep this from her only until I can figure out a way to tell her."I sighed and raised my hand." All in favor of starting this team and getting to know each other, say I."All of us, even Todd, said " I" and raised our hands.

"Good.I can't wait to start working with you guys."