Superstitons

Something in my belly moved. I sat up into the darkness, accidentally waking up Lindsey along the way.

"Babe," he said in sleepy shock. "What's the matter?"

"Th-The baby!" I exclaimed. "It like moved or something! I don't know!"

Lindsey's hands went right to my abdomen. His wide eyes full of wonder.

We sat in silence for a few seconds when suddenly the tiny being jolted again.

"Whoa." Lindsey moved his hands away in shock. "What the fuck was that?"

"It's the baby!" I repeated, laughing at his cluelessness. "The baby is moving!"

"I-I didn't know they did that!" Lindsey said, cautiously placing his hands back on my slightly protruding stomach.

"Yeah, you know," I rested a hand on his. "It's alive in there. I'm pretty sure that this is only the beginning."

"Baby?" Lindsey bent over so his face was 6 inches from my little bump. "It's your daddy. I think I love you, I wasn't so sure how things were gonna work out, but now I know everything will be ok."

The combination of hormones and Lindsey's tenderness made me begin to cry. I stroked Lindsey's curly hair and smiled.

Once again we sat quietly on the bed. The only noise was our sleepy breathing and our gasps when the baby moved again.

"Lindsey?" I asked into the pitch black.

"Stevie?" He answered back.

"Lindsey, I love you." I laid back down.

"Stevie. I love you more than anything I've ever loved." He laid down next to me and wrapped his arms protectively around our unborn baby. "Music, traveling, swimming, books. Everything."

"Mmm," I sighed happily.

"And now you are giving me everything and more. If you would have told me four years ago that this is where I'd be, I wouldn't of believed you." He kissed my temple.

"You've given me a home and security. And now you're giving me a family. We're gonna have a beautiful baby. A girl. It will all work out perfect."

I began to cry harder. Lindsey had given me hope and told me everything I needed to hear.

"Lindsey." A sob came out of my chest. "I just love you. I love you."

"I love you a lot. A lot a lot." He kissed me again.

"Wait, Lindsey, you said we're having a girl?" I had no clue that he wanted one.

"Yeah, maybe I'm superstitious, but I feel like it's a girl. It's a little Stevie in there." He rubbed my swollen belly.

I just sighed at him and drifted to sleep.

Authors Note~

Thank you guys again! I'm sorry that this chapter is so short! Also, if you have a minute, please comment to let me know how you like the story so far!