Joining Forces

"So, do you want to join us in our travels?" I asked.

"What about his family?" Benjy interjected.

"Oh yeah..." I realized. "Sorry, I tend to forget about those kinds of details..."

"That's okay!" Carl said, bowing fancily. "It'll be my pleasure to join you!"

"Oh boy!" Benjy said joyously, but then his voice turned sour. "There's one rule though... No calling me..."

"Benjy!" I finished in a jokingly stern voice. "Absolutely no calling him Benjy! Only Mangy!"

HEY!!!" Benjy screamed, red faced. "THAT'S MY NAME YOU JUST INSULTED!!! I MEANT NO MANGY!!!!!!"

"Oh, come on!" I said. "It's your own fault for being so fun to annoy!"

Carl laughed.

 We both looked at him and Mangy said "what are you laughing about now!" I wanted to hit him for being rude to him again! but before I can do that Carl talks.

---------------------------------------------------Carl POV--------------------------------------

"You guys are good friend am I right?" I said.

They both looked at each other before speaking.

"You can say that!" said Henry with a shrug "we're more like comrades then any thing else!"

" Why comrades rather then friends?" I asked.

--------------------------------------------------Benjy POV--------------------------------------

I know Henry was going to try to hit me for being rude again but I couldn't help it. I thought he was laughing at me! So when he said "you guys are good friends ..." I was surprised because I hadn't anticipated that. So I looked at Henry and I saw his eyes on me, he was also surprised I can tell that much from his face.

"You can say that!"  Henry said with a shrug "we're more like comrades then any thing else!"

 " Why comrades rather then friends?" Carl asked.

"it's getting late and the bandit's might come back, we should go" Henry said avoiding the question.