CLASSIC

classic

classic

🌷

⠀⠀⠀⠀MAGDALENA PARKINSON WAS NOT MUCH in the way of a wanted child. At least, in the eyes of her parents and the rest of her family, she wasn't. To them, she was the embodiment of shame and disgrace; a taint on their perfect family tree; an embarrassment to them all. Her sex, of course, kicked off the list of imperfections — a female born into the Parkinson family had been unheard of for generations — yet there were also many more notable issues. The way she behaved, her views and opinions, her morals, and her approach to social interaction. . . to name a few.

⠀⠀⠀⠀( There was also her sexuality, but that hadn't been revealed to her family as of yet. . . )

⠀⠀⠀⠀These qualities, the very ones her father would constantly bring to light purely to trample on afterwards, were uncontrollable. She couldn't possibly have chosen to be a girl, nor any of the other concepts her father blamed her for. None of those qualities were her own fault, but rather biological or genetic factors that made her, or even results of the way she'd been raised. Nothing problematic or disappointing about Magdalena was her decision. Yet despite this, alongside her mother's occasional defensive input, Magdalena's father did not change his opinion on her, and would not stop degrading her for it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Given this information, it would be rather logical to assume that Magdalena Parkinson, the mute and melancholic tragedy child, could not possibly get along with Bellatrix Black — the physical representation of perfection. Yet, what Magdalena would soon come to know, is that romance often works in mysterious ways, and sometimes one might find it in a place they were least expecting. . .

⠀⠀⠀⠀And for Magdalena, that meant falling for Bellatrix. . . and falling hard.

⠀⠀⠀⠀( It also meant being completely oblivious to the looming tragedy that was her own fate, but that was for Magdalena to discover much later on when she wasn't quite so blind. . . )