The Face Behind The Mask ~4

Mystery's POV

I remember when we were littler, more innocent, less aware of the world surrounding us. She was the new girl, always hiding in the corner,  hoping to never be noticed by anyone. That girl? She was different from the rest, I knew that from the very start. Sadly, I aswell had been to shy to say anything. Eventually, that shy little girl became loved by everyone, but she never acknowledged that. She never cared, or noticed what she was doing, she was just being herself. The shy little girl grew wings and became the cheerful, kind face that warmed everyone's heart.

We've been in the same class for as long as I could remember, I watched her as she never changed who she was, unlike everyone around her who was growing and moving on. If only she moved on too, she may still be that girl who everyone liked. But, I'm glad she hadn't moved on and changed, she was her and that was it. Also, the reason why we came to know each other so well was because of the fact she never changed.

It was 6th grade and her friends managed to slip away to other classes. Of course, she was still fairly likeable then, but she had no one in her classes to care. At that moment, I took a chance and talked to her. Just like to everyone else, she talked to me, laughed at my jokes, but she somehow made it special as if it were just for me. She's always had that thing about her that everyone liked.

She became my best friend then, and she stuck beside me through thick and thin. That's probably what I liked best about her, she never gave up. She never gave up on me.

But I gave up on her. I applied for a vocational high school and got accepted. She didn't apply and I left her alone in our town's high school. I remember for the first month of freshman year she'd cry every day, and we'd slowly grow apart. We never really talk now, and I feel horrible about it. I wish I never left her, she was the person I held closest to me.

I realized how much of an idiot I was, and I was going to change that.

Adeline, I'm sorry.

~~~~~~~~~

Oooh, who do you think mystery guy is? :o