NanoCoffee/Zoethian/Xephmadia Part Two

Zoey

I drag Rythian through the towering open doors. He keeps grumbling on about this party being a bad idea. I stopped listening to him about ten minutes ago and started talking to Teep, who came with us most of the way.

"Stop worrying Ryth. It'll be fine." I kiss him lightly on the cheek and lead him to the other guests.

"Zoey!" Kim runs towards me in a beautiful dark red dress that comes to just below her knee in a pencil skirt style.

"Kim! You look awesome!" I grin. We haven't had a chance to talk for ages, because of all this "let's make a truce but first let me blow you to pieces" thing that Ryth and Duncan have had going on.

"So do you-oh my gosh your arm!" Kim gasps as she notices my robotic arm. "I'm so sorry about that." I shrug.

"It's fine. It doesn't bother me, it's actually pretty cool, I can shoot lasers and stuff now!" We both laugh.

"Hey Zoey, you didn't happen to see Lewis and Hannah on your way here, did you?" Duncan appears, putting an arm around Kim.

"No. Sorry."

"I bet it was Lewis taking forever to get ready again!" Kim giggles. Those two are apparently always late to everything, and Hannah usually blames it allon Lewis not deciding what tie to wear.

"Why don't you ask Rythian?" I point out. Duncan coughs awkwardly, looking over at Rythian, who is stood in a corner looking his usual grumpy self and watching us as we talk, occasionally glaring at Duncan.

"Well, I still don't think he's quite forgiven me for the nuke," he mumbles. "Sorry about that, by the way."

"It's cool!" I answer quickly, not wanting him to feel bad. "And I told him he has to play nice tonight, so he won't be picking any fights with you."

Hannah

"Lewis we are so late!" I groan as we fly towards the castle.

"Sorry! I didn't think it would take this long to get here!" he replies as we both gracefully land on the stone steps leading in to the castle. I smooth any creases out of my dress and take a deep breath.

"It's fine, I didn't either. Let's just go in, apologise, and forget we ever arrived late. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

I brush a loose strand of hair from my eyes and, gripping Lewis' hand tightly, we stride through to the courtyard.

"Hey guys! We thought you'd ditched us!" Duncan gives us both a welcoming smile and the others come to join us. Looking around, I can see so many people. There's Sips and Sjin, Rythian and Zoey, Martyn, Toby, Minty, Simon, Duncan and Kim, then Lewis and myself. When Duncan gave me the invitation, he said he'd invited ten people. Counting in my head, I sigh.

"We're the last ones here again, aren't we. I am so sorry! This always happens..." I feel my cheeks flush red in embarrasment.

"Hey, it's no problem! Everyone's used to it by now anyway!" Kim appears at Duncan's side along with Zoey and Minty, who is wearing a gorgeous lilac knee length dress with long sleeves.

"Shut up Kim. It's been too long!" we all embrace each other in a group hug.

"Wow, you make it sound like we stop you from seeing eah other!" Lewis jokes. Duncan laughs and the pair walk off over to Simon to talk.

"Hey Zoey, where's Rythian?" I ask her. "Ihaven't seen him around since me and Lewis arrived." Zoey stops talking and looks around frantically, her eyes wide in panic.