Chapter 2: The Second Meeting

Author's note

Enjoy! Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan Lerman as River Summers

Selene's P.O.V.

After my mom and I got home from the odd meeting.

I stayed silent and thought about the situation that I was in.

I could not really blame my mom for accepting the offer, we needed the money to continue our studies and to fill our stomachs.

Also, I could not help but think about the beautiful she-devil, I met a while ago.

Well, her personality was pretty awful and rude but that beauty....

was of a goddess.

Oh my!

I have to stop thinking about that woman because of that little episode she showed.

Obviously, she was just one of those womanizers who got whatever they wanted.

I can't be associated with her, but do I really have a choice?

It was clear that we owed Mrs. Knight and marrying her daughter would be a way to show our gratitude.

While I was thinking deep in my thoughts, my older brother, River barged in the house and spoke.

"Hey, little sis! How's dinner? What happened?"

"Well nothing happened much, just the fact that I have been arranged married to this woman that I have just met." I said laughing sarcastically.

"Oh...." My brother replied, not really shocked by my revelation.

"You do not seem surprised by the news, why is that?" I asked.

"Well I kind of already knew..." River replied hesitantly.

"What?! Mom already told you and she did not tell me a single thing about it, I am the one who was involved in this arranged marriage?! I would have liked to at least been warned, you know?" I said in shock

"Calm down, sis. Mom just didn't want to scare you, that's all, try not to be mad at her" My brother calmly said.

"I'm not mad, just upset. I am sorry for raising my voice. I am feeling really stressed out, with the shocking new revelation I am suddenly receiving." I sighed.

"It is okay, baby sis. I understand that it must be scary. If only, I can be your substitute, I will surely change places with you. I could not bear to see you suffer marrying some woman you do not love." My brother said lovingly.

"Thank you for your sentiment, River. But I don't think that is applicable to this case, considering that woman does not like sausages." I joked trying to light up the mood.

"Hey, just remember sis, if you need someone to talk to, I am just right here, ready to listen. I love you, lil sis." My brother said seriously.

"I love you too, bro. I should probably go to sleep now. Work starts early tomorrow morning." I said tiredly.

"Ok, sis. Good night." My brother said before leaving.

After my brother left, I prepared myself for bed.

After I turned the lights off and before I drifted off to sleep, a certain person with a beautiful face invaded my mind.

==============

Morning everyone!

Even before, my alarm clock rang, I was already wide awake.

My mind was still bothered about the situation that I have myself into.

After I took a bath and wore my corporate attire, I went downstairs to see my mother making breakfast.

My brother was still not here and was probably still asleep and will probably be late for his work. As always.

I greeted my mom and just snatched off some toasted bread and drove off straight to work.

As I have mentioned before, I worked for one of the best business firms in America, The Knight Enterprise.

After my mom retired from work here, they needed a replacement. With me, being the top student of the business course in my college, I applied for it and thankfully they hired me.

I am only one of the many assistants of the president of the company.

Truthfully, I do not know much about the Knight family.

I didn't really care, not until now, they were just the people that I worked for and the ones who pay for my salary.

As I sat on my desk, my best friend Sky, approached me.

"Hey Selene! How was your weekend?" Sky happily stated.

"Hi Sky. Well, I must say, my weekend was very eventful and a lot stressful, how about yours?" I replied.

"Well, my weekend was really fun. Some of our co-workers including me went to a club and got wasted." She enthusiastically said.

"Good for you then, we should probably get back to work." I laughingly stated

"Okay then, Ms. Grouchy Pants. I'm going back. I don't really feel welcomed here." She said poking her tongue out before leaving.

I laughed silently. Sometimes she is really like a kid.

Sky and I met way back in high school, she and I just clicked with each other and up until in the present we are still the best of friends.

She and my brother had a relationship once.

Nothing really shocking about that, my brother is attractive, as she put it and Sky is pretty cute herself but eventually, they broke up.

Well, after four hours passed, it was time for lunch. Before I even had the chance to stand up, the president or the second in command in the company, Mr. Maximillian Knight came and said;

"Everyone, please sit down. Before you take your lunch, I would like you all to meet someone. My niece, Celeste Knight, the heiress of the Knight Enterprise. She is here to observe the company and how it operates."

I could not focus on what he was blabbering about and all I could think about is the gorgeous woman beside him, you can just feel her domineering presence.

She was glaring powerfully at me. I noticed everybody just awestruck of the striking beauty in front of them.