Angel smile

"Don't go" she begged, pleading with her eyes. "I can help you. I'll think of something. I can stop them." She touched his arm lightly, holding on to the small chance that he would change his mind at the last minute. Her hand felt cold and he noticed that she was shaking slightly, just enough for him to notice it.

He lifted his arm and touched her face lightly, memorising her features once again. They don't know how long they would be separated for.

"No. I can't." His eyes set, he replied in a firm voice "I've put you in enough danger already. Please, Liz" That small crack in his voice told her that he didn't want to leave her either. He couldn't put her in anymore danger and hurt her, his sweet angel. "Please, Rob." He looked away with pained eyes. Those pair of beautiful angelic eyes with so much hurt in them. He couldn't bear to bring anymore harm to her. He had to go, for her safety.

He turned back, and grabbed her into a tight hug. "I love you, you'll forever my angel. Don't ever forget that. I promise it will all be over soon. And remember to smile. Smile for me." And with that, he snatched his backpack and ran off. Every touch and every look made his will grow weaker. He was unable to turn back, afraid of her crying face, how it may break apart all the will he had built up to make this decision, to protect his little angel and her sweet smile.

"Rob!" She shouted. He stopped in his tracks. "I'll be waiting and smiling for you! I love you too." He turned, and what he saw broke his heart. She was waving, putting on a brave front. Her gorgeous smile, combined with her sad eyes. He couldn't do this, but he had to. He was torn. Subconsciously, he took a step forward. Her face lit up. This was what he fell in love with, but "No you can't. They're after you, not her. You have to." A voice in his head reminded him. He gave her a last look, turned and ran up the plane. "I'm sorry my angel. Stay safe. Don't lose that sweet smile." He whispered to himself, holding back tears while feeling his heart break.

Crestfallen, she just stood there, feeling tears running down her cheek, whispering into the wind "Please come back soon."