Chapter 1

I'm Lily. And this is the story when I chose gymnastics over my best friend.

------------------------------------------------------

I was at gymnastics with my best friend Hayley. I was practicing my backtracks and whips on the floor. And she was on the bars. She was amazing. So graceful. We went for a drink break to the water fountain. "Hey you are really getting the hang of your whips," she says. "Thanks. You are so graceful on those bars."

"Its taking so much practice."

"I bet. How do you practice besides open gym?"

"Well I'm a redneck Lily. I have to build it haha."

She always showed her tomboy side. All the time! I was all about the girly things. Especially gymnastics.

"Of course how could I forget?" I say. She shrugs her shoulders and we walk back out to the gym and start working again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lily. Come down sweetie. We need to talk." My mom yelled from down stairs.

"What?" I ask.

"Your grades have dropped again. How do you keep doing this?"

"I'll try harder mom. Can I go now?"

"No. You always say you'll try harder. You teacher and I decided that you need a tutor. Your teacher thinks you may have dyslexia."

"What's that?"

"Its when you get letters that look the same messed up. Like 'b' and 'd'. Or 'E' and 'F'."

"Well, there is a spelling test coming up tomorrow. If i get a B+ on it... can I stay tutor free?"

"Make it an A and you got a deal."

"Fine."

"Goodnight sweetie."

"Night mom"

I was studying all night. Then I fell asleep on my desk with my head on the desk with drool dripping out of my mouth. I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. 6:00 a.m. Ugh!

------------------------------------------------------

School was over and I got a C+ on my spelling test. I got white out and a red marker and re-wrote an A to replace the C to make it an A+. I was just hoping my mom wouldn't notice.

I walked back downstairs to show my mom after it dried. She was pleased and said i didn't need a tutor. Then she went on her laptop for work. I went upstairs to talk to Hayley on my iPhone. I told her what I had done and she was shocked. I said it would be fine and she had nothing to worry about.

It was finally 9:00 p.m. My mom was still on her computer downstairs. So I decided to go to bed. I was tired because of last night. So I put on my pajamas and hopped in bed. I was half asleep when my mom yelled, "Elizabeth Marie Smith! Get your butt down here, NOW!"