Ch. 5

Months pass by, as Khalid was living his best life. Having Ella Mai as his girlfriend, being on the basketball team, and more people loving him made him feel like somebody. His dreams were coming true. All he need is to receive an acceptance letter from his college (University of South Florida), and he'll be fully fulfilled.

Him and Ella walked to his house, so they could do their homework together. He unlocks the door, as she stairs at him. When he turned his key, he opens the door and walked in. They sat on the couch.

"I'm so tired." Khalid complains. "But we must get this homework done."

"It's okay, it's not that much." She said.

He wraps his arm around her.

"Ready to do this work?" He whispers in her ear.

"Let's do it, babe." She said.

They started their homework.

2 hours passed, and they were nearly finished with their homework. They were a little distracted by each other though. They were joking around, making funny faces with each other.

"You so crazy, Khalid." She giggles.

He laughs. He gets a phone call. He was going to ignore it, but Ella looks at him.

"Are you gonna answer that?" She asked.

He sighs, and picked up his phone.

"Hello?"

"Aye man, you wanna come chill with us at the crib?" Quavo asked over the phone.

"I'm kinda occupied right now, my dude." He said.

"Come on man, wouldn't be lit without you." He begs.

He looks at Ella, who nods.

"It's okay, go have fun with your friends." She tells him.

He sighs.

"Alright man, when you want me to be there?"

"Right now homie."

"Alright man."

He hangs up. He looks at Ella.

"Well I wanted to spend more time with you." He said.

"It's okay babe, we've got more time to spend together tomorrow." She tells him.

He grabs her hand, and kissed it.

"Come on, I'll take you home."

She smiles, then gets up with Khalid. They walk out the house, to his car.

He pulls up at her house, and they sat there for a bit. He sighs.

"I really wanna spend this moment with you." He said.

They slowly kissed each other. It seemed to get a little aggressive after a while. Khalid pulls his seat back, and she gets on top of him. He holds her, as she wraps her arms around his neck. They suddenly stopped kissing.

"You sure you don't want me to ditch my homies, and spend more time with you?" He asked, trying to catch his breath.

"It's okay, go hang out with your boys." She said.

She kissed his cheek, grabbed her small backpack, and gets out the car.

"Byee." She said.

"Later babe."

He waited until she gets in her house, then he drove off.

He pulls up in Quavo's driveway. There were so many cars parked on the lawn. He gets out, and walked to the house. He can see people smoking outside. One girl is cussing loudly on the phone. When he got to the door, Quavo was already there.

"Aye homie, over here!" He called out.

Khalid walks up to him.

"What's good man."

They gapped each other up. Quavo leads him inside. The music was loud, nearly blowing Khalid's ears. He put his headphones in.

"This party is really live." Khalid said.

"What I tell you bro!" Quavo laughs.

They head to an area in the living room. Two girls were making out.

"Yo ladies, what's good?" Quavo says.

"Heyyyy."

They waved at them. Khalid waves back a little. He didn't feel comfortable being around them.

"Why don't we uh... get a drink, yes?" He asked Quavo.

"Sure man, let's dip."

They walk over to the kitchen.

"Want any booze?" He asked him.

"Nah, no alcohol for me." Khalid replies.

Quavo shrugs. He went in the refrigerator and picked up a can of Sprite. He gave it to Khalid.

"Thanks bro." He says, opening his Sprite.

"No problem G."

The party goes on, as everyone was dancing wildly to Jersey Club and Trap Music. Girls were twerking all over the place. Khalid would chill on the couch, or by the wall, watching everyone have fun.

Quavo got on the Mic.

"Ayo what's poppin everyone!"

Everyone cheers.

"Just wanna give a shout out to a few people. My cousin Kiari, my nephew Kirshnik, my bro Jacquees, and everyone's favorite... Khalid."

The whole house started cheering. They were clearly cheering for Khalid. He smiles a bit.

The party ended, but to some people it was still going on. Not for Khalid. He was ready to get home. He was heading out, when Jacquees stopped him.

"Yo where you going?"

"Back home man."

"Come on, join the after party." Quavo says.

"Nah not tonight man, I'm really tired."

"Damn G, well I respect that." Quavo said.

"Yeah man, we'll see you at school tomorrow." Kiari added.

Khalid waved them off, and head out. He gets a text from Ella Mai.

Is everything ok baby? How was the party?

He writes back.

It was ok. I want u to come over tonight. Sounds good?

He gets in his car, and drove back home.