• S E V E N T E E N •

"Oh, no. I think I've accidentally developed an emotional attachment to a human being."
• • •

Finally, Victoria is finished getting ready. I tuck the ridiculous book back into my bag and stand up.

"So what's the plan?" I ask.

Victoria laughs, "Have fun! What more of a plan do we need?!"

I snort, "Well, how are we going to get there? And where, exactly, are we going?"

Victoria rolls her eyes and sighs, "I'll drive there and we'll meet up with my boyfriend and a couple of his friends at Notes."

Nodding, I tuck that information away. We head out to her car and I hope in the passenger seat as Victoria starts it up. Music pounds out the speakers as we hurdle down the road.

Eventually, we pull up in front of a large building with music spilling out into the street. Victoria and I get out and head to the entrance where two men are stationed. We receive red X's on the back of our hands so we don't get served anything alcoholic and head inside.

"Trey and his friends are over this way!" Victoria shouts over the music.

Nodding, I follow her closely, not wanting to lose her in the crowd. I see Trey, remembering him from when Victoria introduced him to me at the fighting ring.

"Hey!" I shout. "I'm Rage!"

"Trey! And this is Caiden, Caleb, and Calvin! " Shouts Trey. "Don't worry if you can't tell them apart; no one can!"

They each nodded as Trey said their name, so I know which is which for now. I study the identical triplets quickly to look for differences. Unfortunately, they are all wearing the same outfit—ripped jeans, right black shirt, and a leather cuff on their right wrists. Caiden's leather bracelet is a lot more worn out, I notice as he instinctively rubbed it. Caleb has a habit of slouching, and Calvin is constantly running a hand through his blond hair and making it stand up slightly more than the others.

"Nice to meet you all!" I call back.

Trey takes Victoria by the hand and they scurry onto the dance floor. Caleb yells that he's going to get a drink and Calvin and Caiden shuffle out of his way. This is my chance to see if I can recognize them.

"Caiden!" I yell at him. "Wanna dance?!"

He beams, clearly not used to people recognizing which triplet is which.

We move to the dance floor and start dancing along to the electronic song blaring out of the speakers. After the first dance, Calvin and Caleb join us, the three of us dancing together. I am in the middle and they make a sort of thing around me as we dance.

There is nothing romantic about our dancing; we use it more as a release.

Besides, I definitely have my eyes on some other boys...

"I'm going to get something to drink!" I yell over my shoulder as I head away from the three.

Caleb comes after me as Calvin and Caiden continue dancing.

"Hey, Caleb," I call. "Are you coming with me?"

"Yeah," He replies. "But how did you know it was me?"

I shrug and send him a grin as we make our way over to a counter and order some water.

We spend a while dancing and Victoria and Trey join us so the six of us are dancing together under the lights.