Nine

(A/N: Starting from here i'm going to be starting lowercase intended chapters... no reason, just want to.)

"hey, carl. it's me again. i know shit's been weird between us, but i miss you. i don't know if we're together or not- you know what, doesn't matter. anyways, i just wanted to let you know that i'm living with kev and v. i'll let you go. you're probably out there living large because that's what you're best at." i said, smiling. i hung up the phone.

"hey, kid. v and i are going to the bar. can you watch the kids for us?" he asked.

"yeah, no problem." i said. v came up to me and hugged me. she pulled away and looked at me, smiling.

"love you, girl." she said.

"love you too, v." i said.

"if you need anything, please call me or kev." she said.

"i will. i've already got your numbers on speed dial." i said.

she smiled and they walked out.

"hey, amy." i said, picking her up. she smiled and laughed. i gave her the toy she wanted to play with and put her in her crib. gemma was still sleeping. there was a knock at the door. i looked out the window and saw ian.

i answered the door.

"hey, ian." i said, letting him in.

"hey. how are you?" he asked me, closing the door behind me.

"i'm doing fine." i said, walking over to the kitchen and making snacks for the girls.

"we miss you." he said.

"where's everyone staying?" i asked.

"dunno. i'm here about you. you haven't been yourself for the past few months." he said.

"ian, don't diagnose me." i told him. "besides, you guys know about my anxiety."

"that's not what i mean, iz." he said.

"i'm not bipolar like you either." i said.

"isabel, i'm not saying you have something. i'm just saying that you need to go to a doctor." he told me. "you're always sleeping, you just had an abortion, your relationships aren't stable, please talk to someone." ian said. i scoffed and laughed.

"who are you to tell me anything, ian? i just lost my father, my boyfriend, and my home. nothing in my life is stable." i said.

"i'm just trying to help, but if you don't want me to, that's fine." he said, beginning to walk out.

"tell carl i miss him." i said. he nodded and walked out.

well that was exciting...

there was a knock at the door. i opened it.

"carl?" he was quiet. then he began crying and hugged me.

"wh-what's wrong?" i asked.

"nick killed someone." he told me.