Two

After about 30 minutes of waiting for anyone in the Gallagher house, I walked over to Patsy's and saw Fiona.

"We're having a welcome home party for Carl if you wanna come." She said.

"You want me to come to his welcome-home party?" I asked Fiona.

"Yeah. It'll be good for you guys to get some closure. Especially since you're with Colin." She said, not looking at me.

"Are you still mad at me, Fi?" I asked. "Because I can't take it if you're mad at me." I said.

"I don't fucking know, Iz. Okay? Just please come to the party tonight." She said. "I've gotta go." She told me, walking out of the store. I sat there for 20 minutes just thinking about things.

I got up and I walked back over to the house. I saw Frank, Ian, Liam, and Carl sitting on the couch. I walked over to the kitchen and saw a Kev and V. Sean and Fiona walked in right after.

"How are things with you and the Colin kid?" V asked.

"Good, I guess. He doesn't know that Carl's out and I'm kinda glad he doesn't." I said.

"Why?" V asked.

"Because He Just-"

"Come on, guys." Sean said. Everyone started singing and I just stood back, drinking my beer.

"For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow-" They had forgotten the words.

"Which nobody can deny!" Frank finished. We looked at the cake. Carl looked up at her.

"It's all they had left." Fiona said. He blew out the candles. He got handed a plate of eggs.

"These my eggs?" He asked. Fiona nodded.

"He didn't make a wish." Liam whispered to Frank.

"So Carl, a lot of the kids in there having to take it up the ass to survive?" Kev asked.

"Kevin!" V said, slapping his arm.

"What? That's what everybody's thinking, right?" He asked, looking around. There was a banging at the door.

"That's my sleep over." Carl said, getting up and answering the door.

"He didn't answer." Kev whispered to me and V. A big guy walked in.

"This is Nick." Carl said.

"Holy shit." Frank said.

"Alright, I'll show you around the crib later, let's hit up the boys first." Carl said to him.

"Carl!" I shouted. He looked at me and walked out. I put my beer down and walked out after him.

"Go ahead, Nick. I'll catch up." He said, patting his chest. Nick walked away.

"Carl, what the fuck was that? You just completely left your family in there." I said.

"What do you care? You're not my girlfriend." He said to me.

"That doesn't matter. You don't just walk out on them like that." I said, pushing his chest.