Seven- I never knew you could be so sweet

Aditya looked around the dancehall, where could Zoya have gone? She was here a few minutes ago. His eyes fell on her as she downed a glass of water then waved at him.

Zoya looked down at her watch, time to go "Sorry Hooda, I have somewhere to be, thank you for this, sorry I couldn't stay long"

"Wait, where are you going"

Zoya looked up "Pooja Aapi called to speak to you right"

He nodded, what was she trying to get at?

"And did she ask about me" her eyes were slightly teary

"Of course, she asked if we argued"

Zoya smiled, eyes on the floor "That isn't asking about me, I could dissapear and no one would notice, other than Uncle, every day he has messaged me" she looked up at him "Since when did I have to start acting out to get my own family to notice me"

"Hey, wait, it isn't like that, you know they love you"

"Bonds aren't made because people have to love you, it's loving someone because you want to, loving someone when it's hard and you want to give up, being a sister, being any kind of family member, there is more to it then just a role, a sister is but a label, it's your actions that make you family, anyone can be related because of blood" Zoya smiled up at him "Thank you, for a night I will never forget, thank you for remembering me"

~~~

Aditya placed the present outside Zoya's room, he hoped she would like it.

"Happy birthday Zoya, happy birthday to you" Harsh sang down the phone "So, what presents did you get"

Zoya's face dropped "Oh, I haven't opened them yet, don't worry about it, how are you"

Aditya closed his eyes, had no one but him and his father remembered Zoya's birthday? No wonder she felt so rubbish. He raised his hand, knocking on the door

Zoya pulled it open "I'm kind of busy"

Aditya pointed to the present "Happy birthday, not everyone forgets" he smiled, pressing a kiss to her cheek

Zoya blushed red "Thanks Hooda, you only remember because it was the day your life was blessed" she sat down "Uncle, i'll call you back"

Aditya watched as she opened the present, her eyes were teary

"Isn't this Ammi's necklace, how do you have it"

He shrugged "I have my ways, there is one more thing in there"

Zoya lifted out the vouchers "What, it says to give you one when you annoy me, what does that do" her brows furrowed "Oh wait, I remember, when we were young i'd write you those notes when you annoyed me and you'd have to make it up to me, I can't believe you remembered" she shook her head making her hair cover her face

"I kept those notes, I always remember Zoya, don't be silly" he brushed her hair out of her face "Now what would the birthday girl like to end her birthday with"

"Will you take me to my parents grave, I would really appreciate it"

~~~

Zoya looked down at the gravestone. Her eyes were wet, her fists clenched. "It's my birthday, i'm twenty five, I wish you were here, but in keeping up with tradition, I brought your faviourate with me"

Aditya looked down at the gravestone "Aunty, Uncle" he cleared his throat "I, well I want you to know i'm looking after Zoya, as well as I can"

Zoya cleared her throat "Don't you mean Pooja"

"No, no I mean you, when did Pooja ever need me" he chuckled then looked back at the gravestone, "For all the times I hurt your daughter, I plan on making things better, that's a promise"

Zoya smiled, she took his hand in hers "I never knew you could be so sweet Hooda"

~~~

Zoya looked up from her phone when she heard knocking on her window "Yash, what are you doing here"

Yash climbed inside "You wanted to get away from that Aditya right"

"Well, I, it's just we've been getting on so well, I don't know Yash" she frowned, the last thing she wanted was to mess things up

"Oh come on Zoya, you know he only wants to control you, come to this party with me, you wont regret it" and as he took her hand, he knew that tonight was the night he would finally one up Aditya Hooda

Day 3 will be up tomorrow, i'm enjoying writing this short story a lot, it's a very good way of procrastinating on other updates:')

To get day 3 tomorrow- there is no question, just a reminder

You have told me something you like about yourself, remember that on the days you struggle to love yourself.
You told me what cheers you up, do those things whenever you are sad and the world seems dark.
You told me what inspired you, think of that when you lose motivation to carry on, when things get hard.
You told me something you are proud of that you have achieved. Or maybe, you're on your way to achieving it. For those who didn't have something, remember this, you made me smile with all of your lovely comments, remember that on the days you feel you aren't capable of achieving. Every achievement, big or small matters.
You told me what a loved one would say about you, remember that on the days you feel like loving yourself is hard.
Last, but not least you told me something you wish to achieve, remember that goal when giving up seems easy.

I know I don't have the power to make you love yourself in the space of a week, but may this be the start of it.