Chapter 29*

Can y'all read the important stuff in the author's note. k thx <3

Chapter 29 

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  The door opens and my head turns towards the noise. I roll my eyes, it's Nima and what he has to say won't be pretty. "Oh hey guys, what'cha doing? Need anything? A condom? Fifty bucks maybe? Because I'm fifty bucks richer?"

  "Nima did you make another bet?" I ask even though I already assumed that this is true. What's up  with him and bets anyway? Does he really make that much money off of bets with Matt?

  "Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to pay rent," Nima grins, sitting down between Ryan and I. Ryan gives him a supportive smile and makes some more room. "Should I start placing bets on when you two are gonna fuck?"

  Ryan chokes on his spit and I instinctively punch Nima in the arm. Sometimes, Nima just has no filter."We'll be taking things slow, so you won't be getting your money for a while."

  Ryan seems to not be bother anymore by Nima's comments, but more by his phone. Ryan's thumbs tap his phone, and he looks up at me apologetically. "I kinda need to go. Mr. Windle's kinda angry at me." 

  "Alright, but just so you know, I'll be watching you-more than I usually do," Nima says with a smirk. Typical. "If you hurt Alyssa, you hurt me. That's just the way it goes."

  "Nima," I whine, trying to get him to shut up.

  "Hey, you interrogate the guys that come my way. We got each other's backs," Nima shrugs and he's right. We got each other's backs.  

  "I know, thanks Nima," I grin. 

  "Um, yeah. Thanks Nima," Ryan adds in with a puzzled look. "I'll see you guys later, okay?" We both give him quick hugs before he exits our home. 

><><><><

-Ryan Fox- 

  "You called?" I ask, sliding into one of the office chairs across from Mr. Windle.

  "I did, and I would be very angry since you decided to skip out on our earlier meeting. You didn't call or text. You just disregarded the meeting." He says looking as stressed as ever. I think he needs a vacation or two. 

  "You said would be," I point out.

  "Well you were doing one thing right, I suppose." He starts. "I see that you're dating Alyssa Taylor now."

  "Dating is kind of a loaded word to use. Wait, there are pictures out already? I know she's a bit more relaxed about the whole paparazzi thing, but damn, already?" I ask. I couldn't have messed up this quickly, but that's debatable. 

  "Everything's just a rumor for now. However, I think that we should announce it pretty soon. There's this new movie coming out soon and the premiere is this Thursday. I want you to be there with her and that's when we can announce your relationship."

  "Uh, well I don't know about then. I think that we should just wait and it'll just come out when it comes out,"  I suggest. Thursday's a little close and I don't know if everyone's going to be into that.

  "Ah, I don't believe that can work. The media will only follow rumors for so long. In addition to the fact that you are constantly being photographed around her home and with her. You need to announce it soon," Mr. Windle says, shaking his head. He passed me some of his papers and I look through the photos. He's right, but I don't want to believe him.  

  "I just think that we should just let things play out," I shrug. 

  "Ryan," He sighs, "we both know that, that won't work in this situation. There are already many rumors and photos. The best thing to do now is confirm them."