I get brothers now?!

[I am so very sorry for the delay. My muse ran away and I had to track her down. It didn't help that life budged in and proceeded to trip me a few times along the way.]

Kurogane stopped work for the day after he torn down another wall and swept the dust and debree away. Glancing at the clock he noted that it was almost time for school to end. Wiping sweat from his forehead he turned to Fai.

"We taking the kids or what?"

Fai shook his head as he smiled at the swordsman.

"No, let's make it a surprise for Naruto."

Kurogane gave a single nod as the younger boys glanced at eachother. Shin and Sai had been told of their...adopted parent's child. Neither boy had been among Root long enough to truly forget their emotions so they were nervous. Shin hoped Naruto, their new brother he supposed, would accept them as his parents had. Sai distracted himself from his nerves by contemplating how two men could create a child; was it like how he brought his paintings to life or something else entirely?

Syaoran waved as both Fai and Kurogane left to get Naruto and Mokona. He could only hope things continued to go as well as they have been so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto walked out of the building, Mokona perched atop his head, with a grin. While most of his classmates were busy freaking out over his family, though some of them were more weirded out by Mokona, his few friends were happy for him.

Dispite being hated by most of the village he was lucky to have two whole friends! Well he had at least two he could confirm, he gets along with the quiet kid who always wears sunglasses whenever they work together. He wasn't sure about the weird girl in the back, she always faints when he's near but she did smile at him sometimes.

Shikamaru was lazy in class but was super smart, Naruto liked to cut class with him and Chouji sometimes. Neither Shikamaru nor Chouji glared at him for no reason, when they did glare it was after he pranked them, and they'd let him play with them.

Both boy's had told him they were happy for him. Chouji later got into a conversation with Mokona about food while Shikamaru shrugged it off and went back to his nap.

Now school was over, his friends were already with their parents as he looked around. His grin widened at the sight of his parents coming down the street. Mokona was jumping up and down on his head.

"FAAAAI! KUROOOOGIIIII!!"

"That's not my name!" Kurogane shouted as he glared at Mokona. Fai only giggled as he bent down to wrap Naruto in a hug.

"How was school today?"

Naruto hugged his mom back.

"It was alright, what about you?"

"Well I've got a surprise for you when we get home."

Naruto cocked his head to the side in confusion. Kurogane rolled his eyes and smiled as he pat the top of Naruto's head.

"This idiot decided the family needed more members."

Naruto's eyes widened and be gaped at his parents. Did his family really get bigger? Fai sent Kurogane a pouting expression as he lifted Naruto into his arms while standing back up.

"Kuro-tin you've ruined the surprise!"

The people around them could only stare as the family chattered away, already heading back the way they came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From his plant on top of Fai's shoulder's Naruto stared wide eyed at the two boys sitting at the kitchen table. Fai set Naruto down with a smile on his face.

"These two are Shin and Sai, they'll be your brother from now on."

Naruto continued to gawk while the two other boys stared back at him. Slowly a wide grin grew on Naruto's face as he tackled them both in a hug.

"I always wanted siblings!" He shouted before looking at them with sparkling eyes.

Fai sighed in relief as Naruto all but dragged the boys into his room while chatting their ears off. He had been a little worried that Naruto might not have liked the idea, but he was glad to see he was wrong to worry.

Kurogane glanced at him before sitting on the couch nearby.

"So, any other ideas I need to know about?"

Fai chuckled as he sat down beside him.

"Not unless Syaroan finds any new information. Right now we just need to spend time with our babies."

Kurogane nodded and remained silent. The two of them sat together in calming silence, listening to the muffled sound of Naruto, Shin, and Sai happily chatting away.

[Nov. 10th edit: It might be a while until I update again. My grandmother passed away (81 years old) and we are currently helping my grandfather take care of everything. He's the sort of man that doesn't like to let his kids see him cry or be anything other than strong so we're trying to get him to realize he doesn't have to be right now.

I just wanted to give you all the heads up on the delay. ]