Chapter 9

Alexis Tierra Davis

" I see something special in you"

Present day

I sighed as I took a seat across from ms. Hill. I been doing this counseling thing for about a month now and I still don't see the point.

" You wanna tell me how you and durk started to get so close?" She asked.

" Not really, but your gonna make me tell you anyways, so I guess." I shrugged.

" Begin!" She instructed, pulling out her clipboard and pen.

I sighed and began my part of the memory.

Present day over

"Ouuweee! its hotter than a camel's pussy out here." Meka complained as she sat on her porch.

Today was the legendary Oblock block club party. So that meant the whole block was out today.

A block club party was a thing us Chicagoans do for the kids going back to school.

At a block club party its literally everything.

Food, candy, games, music and sometimes even petting zoo Animals.....only if the head person of the block club party could afford them.

The block club parties around here were enjoyable, but only in the day time.

Cause when night falls, the drug dealers and the gangbangers come out like roaches.

" The sun going down lexis, so you might wanna be heading home." Jonathan announced as he walked up towards the porch .

" Come on now babyJoe, stop treating this girl like she a child." Meka backed up.

" Mane what you mean? She is a chile." He argued with his thick southern Atlanta accent.

" No she aint, she damn near 20." Meka added.

" But she ain't, she still a kid. Now do like I said...start making yo way home." Jonathan demanded.

A group of Jonathan's friend came walking up towards the porch. Two of them being Durk and his friend Zae.